Any other married couples have the beds split for extra room?

klc317

We do enjoy larger cabins from time to time but generally just get interiors to save money and really aren't in the cabin much.   We just got back from a 5 night on Empress and the cabin was smaller than some other interiors we have had.    We asked the room guy/steward to split the beds and it created alot more useable space and an aisle to get out of bed without trying to squeeze by cabinets.  He gave us a funny look and asked "are you two ok?"   Lol!   Yea, we are fine, happily married.   Anybody else do this or are we strange?

BTW, this is interior cabin 3109 on Empress of the Seas.  We tried a guaranteed cabin (GTY) this time and it worked out just fine.  We will do that again in the future.

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG

LOL Nothing wrong with it at all!  We had ours split one cruise too.  We were in an interior with our two boys.  They were in two pullmans, and having the beds together underneath that was crazy weird.  They jumped down onto our bed then had to scootch to the end of the bed to get out, or, move over to where the gap was between the beds & the wall then duck to get out.  For us, we had to do the same, scootch to the end or the side (which being an adult made it harder than for the kids).  

We asked for our beds to be split, and boy was life easier!  The kids could use the ladder down to the gap inbetween and off they went.  No more plopping on our beds.  

We sleep together every night - a week apart never kills anyone!  LOL 

4 minutes ago, KathyC said:

LOL Nothing wrong with it at all!  We had ours split one cruise too.  We were in an interior with our two boys.  They were in two pullmans, and having the beds together underneath that was crazy weird.  They jumped down onto our bed then had to scootch to the end of the bed to get out, or, move over to where the gap was between the beds & the wall then duck to get out.  For us, we had to do the same, scootch to the end or the side (which being an adult made it harder than for the kids).  

We asked for our beds to be split, and boy was life easier!  The kids could use the ladder down to the gap inbetween and off they went.  No more plopping on our beds.  

Agreed.   We will do this again when our daughter comes with us in April on our next cruise and will be on a pullman.   When we first saw that room on Empress I thought to myself Im gonna wake up and have to pee or something and either stub my toe or run into the cabinets trying to get out of bed with them together....lol    Was SO much more convenient this way.

22 hours ago, klc317 said:

We do enjoy larger cabins from time to time but generally just get interiors to save money and really aren't in the cabin much.   We just got back from a 5 night on Empress and the cabin was smaller than some other interiors we have had.    We asked the room guy/steward to split the beds and it created alot more useable space and an aisle to get out of bed without trying to squeeze by cabinets.  He gave us a funny look and asked "are you two ok?"   Lol!   Yea, we are fine, happily married.   Anybody else do this or are we strange?

BTW, this is interior cabin 3109 on Empress of the Seas.  We tried a guaranteed cabin (GTY) this time and it worked out just fine.  We will do that again in the future.

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1490.JPG

Yes, we split the bed all the time....Enjoy your cruise!

20 minutes ago, MotleyCruiser said:

Only one steward gave his opinion that it is more difficult to make the bed, but he accommodated just fine.

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer not having their bed made twice a day?  I don't even like having to untuck those sheets come bedtime.

No chance for us.  We don't get alone time near enough, so that time is important to us.  Our two daughters are up and out.  When they have traveled with us, they have their own cabin (s).  Our son is 12.  He stays down the hall with Grandma.   I get it that some have other views, but no chance here.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:25 PM, KathyC said:

LOL Nothing wrong with it at all!  We had ours split one cruise too.  We were in an interior with our two boys.  

We are booked in a room with our two boys, and are looking at this very scenario......good to hear an experienced person give some input!!!! And I couldnt agree more with the last remark. Its a week....itll be fine.