Better to reserve with RCL or Expedia?

AJK

If the price is the same I would book with the cruise line. Easier to get your money back if for any reason the ship doesn't make it to that port and you are covered in the event of late arrival back to the ship.

I think I read recently that you can cancel up to 48 hours before but if you cancel later and there is a waiting list for the excursion they will refund you. Can't guarantee that's the case though.

16 hours ago, AJK said:

With the latest sale, the ATV tour to Jade Cavern is the same price at $79, everywhere else is higher. Expedia says cancel up to the day before the tour. What is the RCL policy? Advice on which way to jump?

Given about the same price, I agree with @FionaMG that RCL gives you more protection.  If you book it through Cruise Planner, you have the option of canceling and re-booking if the price drops.  I generally don't look at 3rd party excursions unless there is a big price difference.  Some places excursions are just way overpriced....the Lord of the Rings excursions in NZ come to mind, and you need to shop around.

The biggest advantage with booking thru RCL, no matter the price difference,  is that if something happens and the RCL excursion arrives back late, the ship will wait for the RCL excursion people ........ if something happens and your 3rd party excursion is late, the ship WILL leave without you.