Dining @ Restaurants & Drinks Package combo

Kanelbulle

Hey guys.

A silly question perhaps, but I didn´t find any information about this so I thought I´d ask you lot. Let´s say I book a table at CHOPS GRILL, GIOVANNI'S TABLE etc. Does the Deluxe drink package apply in those types of restaurants as well? Or is it only for the bars and the "free" restaurants? 

This is our very first trip on a cruise ship so we´re kinda lost when it comes to these things, so go easy on us.

From what I´ve understood you can order drinks etc that costs up to $12 (or whatever the budget cap is for the Deluxe package on that trip), and if you order drinks above that cost, let´s say $14 they´ll charge you $2 or whatever the price difference will be? 

Cheers peoples !

// Swedish Dave 

Hi @Kanelbulle !

Yes, the DBP can be used in all restaurants, bars, etc. on the ship and in Labadee or Perfect Day at Coco Cay. We used it in the specialty restaurants and in Labadee back in May.

And you are correct... If you order a drink above the "cap" for that ship/sailing ($13 on our sailing) they will charge you the difference and I believe 18% gratuity on the additional amount (we never had to exceed the "cap").

Oh yeah, you cannot use it at Starbuck's. However, you can get smoothies at the Vitality Cafe with the DBP (they charge for protein powder, etc., but the smoothies are included). Our friends found this out early on and would start their day with a smoothie.

Have a great time!

2 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Hi @Kanelbulle !

Yes, the DBP can be used in all restaurants, bars, etc. on the ship and in Labadee or Coco Cay. We used it in the specialty restaurants and in Labadee back in May.

And you are correct... If you order a drink above the "cap" for that ship/sailing ($13 on our sailing) they will charge you the difference and I believe 18% gratuity on the additional amount (we never had to exceed the "cap").

Oh yeah, you cannot use it at Starbuck's. However, you can get smoothies at the Vitality Cafe with the DBP (they charge for protein powder, etc., but the smoothies are included). Our friends found this out early on and would start their day with a smoothie.

Have a great time!

Just a caveat with Starbucks -- on O class ships, with a free standing Starbucks kiosk, you CANNOT use the DBP for coffees, etc.  Any other class ship, that serves Starbucks brand as their specialty coffee, you can use the DBP

16 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

However, you can get smoothies at the Vitality Cafe with the DBP

Best thing EVER! We didn't find this out until the last few days of our Oasis sailing. We would chug a green juice with wheatgrass and then follow it with a Boody Mary. I considered that my daily source of veggies ?