Linked credit card

This will be our first cruise that isn't just Hubby and I.  We have 3 JS booked on MOS.  My 1st question is, Hubby will not be in the same JS with me due to my oldest Grandson not being 21 yet; so can Hubby and I be linked on our credit card and our grandson be linked to a different one?

My 2nd question:  Do they punch a hole in the room key card so that it can be used with a lanyard?  I think the older grands will need that.

How old are the grand kids?  We sailed on the Freedom years ago with our three daughters, the oldest was 18, the youngest 13.  They had an inside room across the hall from our balcony room.  We had no problems at all.  RC never said one word about someone not being 21.

My grands 20, 18, 10 & 8

When we booked we weren't sure if we could put the two oldest in their own JS (I guess the under 21 thing is if they are cruising without parents).  All our JS are side-by-side.  I guess we should have asked first...  If that is the case, can we move people around during check in?  The following is how we booked:

JS: Me and my granddaughters (10 & 8)

JS:  Daughter, son-n-law & grandson (18)

JS:  Hubby and grandson (20)

My grands 20, 18, 10 & 8

When we booked we weren't sure if we could put the two oldest in their own JS (I guess the under 21 thing is if they are cruising without parents). All our JS are side-by-side. I guess we should have asked first... If that is the case, can we move people around during check in? The following is how we booked:

JS: Me and my granddaughters (10 & 8)

JS: Daughter, son-n-law & grandson (18)

JS: Hubby and grandson (20)

Can Hubby and I be linked on our credit card and our grandson be linked to a different one?

Yes every person traveling has three options, credit card/debit card, cash deposit, no account. 

For children (or anyone) They can have a key card that cannot be used for purchases, or just has a drink package on it. Really for children no reason they should be able to make purchases on the ship. The parents can make any needed purchases within their account.  Reynaline always has her own account when we cruise but she has never charged anything.... always puts any purchases on my card.

My 2nd question:  Do they punch a hole in the room key card so that it can be used with a lanyard?

They do not, some of the newer systems cannot have holes punched into them. I believe your ship has a standard card system. If you want the card punched Guest Services can do this for you.

You can arrange the grandchildren any way you wish; don't think that you're forced to keep them in the rooms as booked.  Do as you wish.

Regarding the hole punch, just take your card to Guest Services and they'll punch a hole in the card for you.  You can even buy the lanyards in the gift shops if you don't bring them with you.  For the 8 and 10 year old, just take them up to Adventure Ocean and they'll punch their Sea Pass and give them a lanyard for free.

My TA explained to me that RC required each cabin to have one person over 21 listed in it at purchase. (We have adjoining cabins w/ our 10yo and 15yo)

She said that RC didn't care where we slept on the cruise, just that they were booked that way. 

I have read elsewhere that you can get extra key cards for any cabin. From what I understand of the process... I would set up your grandson's cabin with whatever card he will be charging on, and then add a card to your cabin for your husband. 

"She said that RC didn't care where we slept on the cruise, just that they were booked that way."

The company can only control that passengers are not allowed in crew cabins, and most crew members are not allowed in passenger cabins.

But they have no control over what cabins passengers end up in. You can enter any cabin if the registered guest allows it. Security does not come around at 3 am doing cabin checks.  Unless you are talking about children, if they are found in public areas after curfew security will be knocking on your cabin door.