Itinerary or ship?

JayBird

I saw the question and thought "Oh this is easy!" And then I thought about it some more and realized I keep going back and forth  :lol:

I think at the end of the day, I pick a cruise based on itinerary but the ship is a major factor.  As an example, my next cruise is to Southern Caribbean and I picked that for the itinerary more than than anything.  But when we sailed on Oasis and Freedom, we picked those cruises for the ship first.

So I'll cheat and say "it depends"  :P

I saw the question and thought "Oh this is easy!" And then I thought about it some more and realized I keep going back and forth  :lol:

I think at the end of the day, I pick a cruise based on itinerary but the ship is a major factor.  As an example, my next cruise is to Southern Caribbean and I picked that for the itinerary more than than anything.  But when we sailed on Oasis and Freedom, we picked those cruises for the ship first.

So I'll cheat and say "it depends"  :P

Like Matt I thought that is an easy question then I thought about it.

We have been on Radiance twice and then Voyager once, then we said lets try Rhapsody so we then looked for a destination.  Having said that we loved Radiance and would love to cruise again on her even if the destinations were the same.

So I guess our answer would be Ship first then Destination.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that most of the time now when we book a cruise the ship is probably first on the list because they all have such great things on board these days BUT if there is a destination we really want to go to then that comes first.

Thankfully most of the time the ship has the itinerary we want :)

I think Tyler80 has a point because with more and more great things being put on board the ships sometimes you just don't want to get off and that's why I hope that RC start to do a regular Transatlantic Cruise from Southampton because you would get 7 great nights non stop , time in New york & 7 nights back non stop. That would be awesome.

But I do want to see a lot more places like Alaska , South Pacific , the Panama Canal etc so destination will still come in to it some of the time.

I think Tyler80 has a point because with more and more great things being put on board the ships sometimes you just don't want to get off and that's why I hope that RC start to do a regular Transatlantic Cruise from Southampton because you would get 7 great nights non stop , time in New york & 7 nights back non stop. That would be awesome.

But I do want to see a lot more places like Alaska , South Pacific , the Panama Canal etc so destination will still come in to it some of the time.

I agree regular transatlantic trips from Southampton would be AWESOME! I could do a 2 week cruise and have all the down time onboard that I love.

• 1 month later...

Itinerary, itinerary, itinerary.  Then departure port.

No, let me rephrase that - bank account balance, then itinerary, itinerary, itinerary, departure port. :)

My first couple cruises it was , " what can I afford" and then went from there.  After our last cruise we decided next we are going to Italy no matter what so it was Location and then ship.  After this one I think we both want to go on a Oasis class just to experience the floating city so then it will be reversed. Good question.   Who won the debate OP