Has anyone had a cabin here?

Jill

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Actually, those aft cabins are highly prized.  I think you scored a winner !  Yes, there is superstructure that blocks some of the views but in most cases (all, if I am not mistaken), the balconies on those aft rooms are giant.  I think you may have a stumbled onto a real bonus.

Especially if it is a corner aft.  I've had the deck 7 and deck 10 corner afts and loved them.  Very large balconies.

What is your cabin number?

I love the back of the ship!  Yes there are some poles and metal in the way of a clear view out, but the view of the water churning behind the ship - very few get to see that!  Corners are the best as the balconies are huge!  Deck 6 is not the best since you are looking out at the blue area with the logo BUT still you can look out and see the ocean.  This is a view from deck 7 aft corner room

2015-08-01 16.21.11.jpg

One thing about 8390 is that is does not have the standard sliding door IIRC.  It has a hinged door and a round window looking out onto the balcony.

One thing to note is you will do some walking  These cabins are a ways form the elevator/stairs.  it wasn't an issue for us but if you have mobility issues you want to take that into consideration.

3 hours ago, Jill said:

So we booked Mariner 2 weeks ago for a quick cruise in 2 weeks. We decided to try the guaranteed balcony and I’m not too happy with what they gave us. It’s an obstructed view too. 

Anyone had a cabin here? Was it awful? It’s on the very end. 

1E655ED9-4F53-4714-AC06-0107F74CB43A.jpeg

I would GLADLY take that room!  You guys are going to have an absolutely gorgeous view!!! I think you owe the person that gave you that room a free lunch!?