GTY category not listed

gailecn

Hi! I booked a guarantee balcony room on Independence, but on my cruise planner and my invoices from Royal it only says "#GTY" -- nothing about it being a balcony or XB. Is that normal? Am I overlooking it somewhere? I think I'm just nervous that we'll get slotted into an interior, and I'll have nothing to show that we paid for a balcony. (Unlikely, but still...it makes this planner a bit paranoid!)

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, gailecn said:

Hi! I booked a guarantee balcony room on Independence, but on my cruise planner and my invoices from Royal it only says "#GTY" -- nothing about it being a balcony or XB. Is that normal? Am I overlooking it somewhere? I think I'm just nervous that we'll get slotted into an interior, and I'll have nothing to show that we paid for a balcony. (Unlikely, but still...it makes this planner a bit paranoid!)

Thanks!

I thought mine had showed Inside above my #GTY.  I got my assignment way before expected, so I can't confirm anymore.

15 minutes ago, Jill said:

Mine said that until yesterday and now we have a cabin assignment. We leave in 2 weeks. 

We’ve never done guaranteed and won’t do it again. We ended up with a cabin at the back, with obstructed view. ? Not Happy. 

With a GTY you can call and change rooms if they have any available.  If you don't like your room location, see if you can change it.  Maybe yes. maybe no.

2 hours ago, Jill said:

Mine said that until yesterday and now we have a cabin assignment. We leave in 2 weeks. 

We’ve never done guaranteed and won’t do it again. We ended up with a cabin at the back, with obstructed view. ? Not Happy. 

AFT? You might really like it!! A lot of folks on these boards choose those staterooms because of the excellent views (obstructed may not be as obstructed AFT). Good luck and have a great time!! 

• 4 months later...
On 10/14/2019 at 10:13 AM, gailecn said:

Thanks, everyone! It doesn't say anything about the category on the invoice either, just GTY. I booked direct on the website. I'll probably give them a call just to ease my mind.

rcc.png

I am experiencing exactly the same thing! I’ll be curious if you get an update. 

Yes! I ended up calling about a price drop soon after and asked to make sure it was a balcony. It is! Just got the cabin number a couple weeks ago, and it's definitely a balcony. (Although the cruise is scheduled to leave March 30, so it looks like we won't be going now. Sigh.)