Freedom of the seas new deck plans

Looks like some new 1M OV cabins were added to the aft port side on Deck 12, opposite Adventure Ocean and JR? Also some J3 Jr Suites and a pair of 1L panoramic OV cabins forward on deck 11, surrounding the spa area.

1 hour ago, J_Keeble said:

playmakers is on deck 4

Looks like it has taken the place of the photography gallery / shop.

And am I misremembering it's previous size, or has Boleros expanded on Deck 4 from just port side of the hallway to now fill both sides?

Also, Freedom now has full Izumi where Sabor used to be; and it's both sushi and hibachi!! I know this wasn't done on the Voyager class ships that got AMPed and had Izumi added; I wonder if this is unique to Freedom class since they're just that bit larger than Voyager?

I do understand the need to add rooms and in theory it keeps the price down. Most times they are added to space that I don't use but I will miss the quiet space forward of the Solarium. (On either side)

If my memory is correct, RC is taking away the 20 or so chairs accessed through glass doors.  It was fully windowed so out of the weather and wind but full ocean view. I remember being treated to a mini Barbershop quartet concert as we sailed with a large group of them a few years back. 

Still, Freedom will remain one of my favorite ships!

On 10/11/2019 at 11:12 AM, JLMoran said:

Also, Freedom now has full Izumi where Sabor used to be; and it's both sushi and hibachi!! I know this wasn't done on the Voyager class ships that got AMPed and had Izumi added; I wonder if this is unique to Freedom class since they're just that bit larger than Voyager?

This is where Mariner got its Izumi and they got hibachi as well.

5 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

This is where Mariner got its Izumi and they got hibachi as well.

Huh. Does Navigator also have Hibachi? I know Adventure only got the walk-up sushi bar in its refurb, so I was thinking every ship in the class would get the same. Or is Adventure not truly AMPed yet, and it's going to have a "round 2" that brings it in line with the other Voyager class ships?

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Huh. Does Navigator also have Hibachi? I know Adventure only got the walk-up sushi bar in its refurb, so I was thinking every ship in the class would get the same. Or is Adventure not truly AMPed yet, and it's going to have a "round 2" that brings it in line with the other Voyager class ships?

Yes the Amped Navigator has Azumi hibachi grill and sushi up in the viking crown area on deck 14.  

As far as Adventure goes, it was just given one of the last more standard type 'refurbishmensts' in 2016 (link to RCblog post on Adventure's refurb) before the RC Amped program, current fleet guide says she will be Amped in 2021. (Fleet Guide link here, super handy document)

12 minutes ago, dr martini said:

Yes the Amped Navigator has Azumi hibachi grill and sushi up in the viking crown area on deck 14.  

As far as Adventure goes, it was just given one of the last more standard type 'refurbishmensts' in 2016 (link to RCblog post on Adventure's refurb) before the RC Amped program, current fleet guide says she will be Amped in 2021. (Fleet Guide link here, super handy document)

No Hibachi on Navigator. It got Hooked instead.  Izumi on deck 14 has hot rocks, but no Hibachi.  Mariner did get a proper Hibachi in the same location that Navigator got Hooked.

In many ways Adventure was the start of the Amplification program.  The success of Adventure's upgrades paved the way for Royal to sell the board on the billion dollar Amplification concept. 

Izumi on Adventure went into a space on the promenade that had no kitchen in it's former use.  Making Sushi doesn't require a full galley.  Galleys require a lot of electrical and plumbing infrastructure as well as fire suppression and ventilation.   Absent of any of that to leverage on Adventure they could only offer Izumi Sushi, no hot rocks, no hibachi.   

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

Izumi on Adventure went into a space on the promenade that had no kitchen in it's former use.  Making Sushi doesn't require a full galley.  Galleys require a lot of electrical and plumbing infrastructure as well as fire suppression and ventilation.   Absent of any of that to leverage on Adventure they could only offer Izumi Sushi, no hot rocks, no hibachi. 

So the question remains (especially since details of Adventure's AMPlification are still pending)... Will they tear out the Izumi they went to the trouble of installing before and put it in a new location that can do hibachi as well as sushi and hot rocks, and then give the promenade space something different? Or having already put in the bar in the promenade area and seen how popular it is, will they leave it there and give the space that got converted on Mariner and Navigator a new and different purpose?

I'm thinking of a point you made in another thread (or maybe it was @Matt?), that letting the ships in the same class have those little variations helps to sell them to cruisers who want to try the other ships in the class but don't want a cookie cutter experience between them.

12 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

So the question remains (especially since details of Adventure's AMPlification are still pending)... Will they tear out the Izumi they went to the trouble of installing before and put it in a new location that can do hibachi as well as sushi and hot rocks, and then give the promenade space something different? Or having already put in the bar in the promenade area and seen how popular it is, will they leave it there and give the space that got converted on Mariner and Navigator a new and different purpose?

I'm thinking of a point you made in another thread (or maybe it was @Matt?), that letting the ships in the same class have those little variations helps to sell them to cruisers who want to try the other ships in the class but don't want a cookie cutter experience between them.

Adventure's Izumi was installed at a modest cost.  It's a sitting area basically, with a sushi prep area.  If they did have to gut it and move Izumi completely that wouldn't be a huge loss on the minor investment Izumi represented, relatively speaking of course.  

Navigator had an Izumi with hot rock ovens on deck 14 prior to the amp.  They spruced it up with new decor and chairs but they really didn't have to do much on Navigator with respect to Izumi.  Gutting that and copying Mariner's hibachi didn't make sense.  Hooked did.  

At the end of the day they'll have to look at the projected revenue from adding hot rocks or hibachi to Adventure.  Will that generate more revenue than placing Hooked on Adventure and just leaving Izumi as is?   I'm guessing it wouldn't, they would get more revenue from a new venue rather than adding hibachi.  They have results now from Mariner and Navigator to guide that decision. 

Absolutely they always planned to mix up features on the ships.  That was stated early on.  It's never smart to make everything absolutely identical, if they it wrong they've lost big time.  

Excited to see the ship get a renovation, I think that it's much needed. We're doing a sailing at the end of next September, and we're supposed to be in room #6410. The four bedroom on the back of the ship. When renovation was announced the deck plan included the room as is, and now it looks like they converted it into two separate rooms :( 

We called and they said they still are unsure about the plans, but will reach out if we are affected. It will be a major bummer if they decide to get rid of the room.

1 hour ago, tylerz48 said:

Excited to see the ship get a renovation, I think that it's much needed. We're doing a sailing at the end of next September, and we're supposed to be in room #6410. The four bedroom on the back of the ship. When renovation was announced the deck plan included the room as is, and now it looks like they converted it into two separate rooms ?

We called and they said they still are unsure about the plans, but will reach out if we are affected. It will be a major bummer if they decide to get rid of the room.

If you're talking about the Villa Suite on Freedom, I saw someone on one of the comment threads in the main blog posts who was asking about this as well.  He followed up with Royal and was told they aren't changing the suite but then he's still able to find the rooms for sail individually..so he's in the same boat as your (pardon the pun).  Check out the comments section here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/10/14/deck-deck-changes-coming-freedom-of-the-seas

On 10/20/2019 at 3:04 PM, AshleyDillo said:

If you're talking about the Villa Suite on Freedom, I saw someone on one of the comment threads in the main blog posts who was asking about this as well.  He followed up with Royal and was told they aren't changing the suite but then he's still able to find the rooms for sail individually..so he's in the same boat as your (pardon the pun).  Check out the comments section here:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/10/14/deck-deck-changes-coming/freedom-of-the-seas

Yes, that is the room I’m talking about! Thanks for providing that, I’m excited to go on the cruise for the itinerary, but we normally only get balcony rooms so this is a big excitement for all of us!

Glad I found this thread......going on Freedom in late 2020 and bringing more family/extended family this time around
and the In-Laws called with a question as they had been looking to possibly adding another cabin to the group.

They have an Owner Suite booked 1340 and were trying to get another Owners Suite close by.  There were ~8 Owners Suites
Tuesday and many, many Suite options but seems that overnight they have evaporated and just a handful of GS or JS available.  

But the real issue for them might be that they specifically picked 1340 since it was very close to Concierge Lounge (and elevator/stairs).
It looks like after the refurb that will no longer be there and the Suite Lounge up on another deck.

NET == all the other Owners and Panoramic Suites *could have sold out* over night (vs IT glitch) but if they want a cabin close
to the Concierge/Suite Lounge they need to pick a different cabin anyway.  Looks like no rooms will be very close to the Suite Lounge
so might as well go with the GS and save some money.

Anyone have a preference on a deck they like if now they are not tied to being close to Concierge Suite?

Is Freedom still going to have a Concierge Lounge after the Amp ?  Isn’t it being replaced by a Suites Lounge like all of the other ships ?

I am a big fan of convenient location so I completely understand the desire to be close to whatever amenity you’re looking for.  Certainly the OS will have more square footage than the GS but for me, the biggest + for the OS is the elimination of that stupid “bar” of the GS and the addition of the dining table/chairs inside (plus the bidet !).  I would be careful of any room directly beneath either the WJ or the pool deck.  It can be noisy.

If you are unable to secure an OS or GS now, I recommend booking a refundable JS and hope for an OS/GS to become available down the road.  If something does not become available and they decide they don’t want to sail in a JS, they can still get a refund.

Suites are very funny.  For MONTHS, there remained 2 OS on my Oct 2020 Brilliance sailing. They were waaay overpriced (IMO) so I was very surprised when one morning, they were both “gone”.  I guess they both sold b/c they never came back. You pretty much have to book them when you want them or they will -poof - disappear.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mommao said:

Does anybody know if freedom will be added to the app? I received my cruise documents and didn’t want to do anything with them if we were going to be able to check in through the app. 

I very much think it will have the new app, Im 90% sure it will but cant confirm.

11 hours ago, Mommao said:

Does anybody know if freedom will be added to the app? I received my cruise documents and didn’t want to do anything with them if we were going to be able to check in through the app. 

No one know for sure when, but every ship will be added eventually.  Is there actually a difference between checking in online and through the app?  You can upload ID photos without the app.

• 3 weeks later...