Where would I add a gift card???

HeatherP

Where did you get the gift card from?

If it's truly a gift card, I'm concerned it's one of those gift cards given by a travel booking place. As an example, my Discover card offers a RC gift card but you have to book the cruise with Discover in order to redeem it.

4 hours ago, HeatherP said:

I have a Royal Caribbean gift card and want to add it before we leave to my obc.  Anyone know where I would do that? Online?  VIa phone?

If you intend to buy something online one option would be to make your purchase in the Cruise Planner and use the gift card for payment.    If you expect to spend $$ on the ship I would think you could go to Guest Services.  If you are converting credit card points that is a different matter, and I'd recommend contacting your rewards program.   Whatever you do, have a great cruise.

41 minutes ago, HeatherP said:

Thank you all:)   The gift card is being sold through my daughter's dance fundraiser from Scrip.  It would be an actual hard gift card which I assume is directly from Royal Caribbean.  No credit card points.

I tried looking for a regular gift card from Royal but I could not find one. All I saw was an option to buy a gift certificate from their site.

https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com

824C00FE-15CD-4A37-B2DA-82624C6FE80F.thumb.jpeg.f0f9fe156b175a8e3a6d4aff90f0e58d.jpeg

2 hours ago, HeatherP said:

Thank you all:)   The gift card is being sold through my daughter's dance fundraiser from Scrip.  It would be an actual hard gift card which I assume is directly from Royal Caribbean.  No credit card points.

I have bought these, from the Scrip program. They are paper certificates and can ONLY be used when making a NEW booking. Not usable for later payments on a cruise already booked, or for OBC.

Edited to add: There will likely be fine print somewhere on them that mentions these limitations.

Fine print: https://shop.shopwithscrip.com/Shop/Product/1105

Gift Certificate must be redeemed through Royal Caribbean International for the US dollar value as outlined on the face of the certificate.

1. Certificate must be used as a form of payment towards a new reservation made directly with Royal Caribbean. Once the gift certificate is applied to the reservation made, the reservation may be transferred to your preferred travel agency.

2. Certificate is valid only for Royal Caribbean International sailings in USD and is not redeemable for cash. It may be applied to all ships, departures and stateroom categories.

3. Certificate can only be applied to a NEW individual reservation in USD.

4. Certificate may not be applied to a group reservation, charter or customized group program.

5. Certificate may not be used towards onboard credit or to settle any shipboard charges.

6. A deposit is required at the time of booking.

7. Certificates may be used in multiples and may be used to supplement cash payment or credit card.

8. All reservations are subject to availability.

9. Once a reservation has been made with a Certificate, normal cancellation policy, schedules for deposit and final payments shall apply.

10. Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability.

11. Certificate is transferable only when gifted and bears no expiration date.

12. Certificate is nonrefundable and not replaceable whether lost, stolen or if booking is cancelled.

13. Certificate shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law and if sold for cash or other consideration.