Western Mediterranean Cruise - Specialty Restaurants on Allure - Opening Times of Restaurants

Ban-One

Hi,

just came back from a Cruise on the Rhapsody (Greek Islands), after we loved the Rhapsody so much the year before.

We already booked a Cruise on the Allure for September 2020. 7 Nights Mediterranean (from Barcelona to Mallorca, Provence, Pisa/Florence, Rome, Naples and back). The last time we've been on the Allure was back in 2011, so I'm excited to revisit her after her upcoming overhaul in November.

But now for my real question. We booked the unlimited Dining package this cruise and were happy about it (except Chops Grille was closed for a private event the last night!). Too bad though we only had one cruising day and we only could spend one lunch at Izumi. So now I really wonder about the Allure and I hope somebody who was there recently can help me out:

Do the specialty restaurants on the Allure close on port days as well for lunch? Or can I use may unlimited Dining package as well on some port days for lunch? Because I've been to Pisa, Florence and Rome several times and I might just wanna stay on the ship and enjoy the Allure to its fullest. But if all specialty restaurants close as well for lunch, I might have to rethink buying the unlimited package or not. It's also quite bad that when purchasing an unlimited package, you can't make reservations before the cruise online. That means some restaurants might be booked out when boarding. Happened to some passengers on this cruise.

Thanks for any help!

2 hours ago, Ban-One said:

Hi,

just came back from a Cruise on the Rhapsody (Greek Islands), after we loved the Rhapsody so much the year before.

We already booked a Cruise on the Allure for September 2020. 7 Nights Mediterranean (from Barcelona to Mallorca, Provence, Pisa/Florence, Rome, Naples and back). The last time we've been on the Allure was back in 2011, so I'm excited to revisit her after her upcoming overhaul in November.

But now for my real question. We booked the unlimited Dining package this cruise and were happy about it (except Chops Grille was closed for a private event the last night!). Too bad though we only had one cruising day and we only could spend one lunch at Izumi. So now I really wonder about the Allure and I hope somebody who was there recently can help me out:

Do the specialty restaurants on the Allure close on port days as well for lunch? Or can I use may unlimited Dining package as well on some port days for lunch? Because I've been to Pisa, Florence and Rome several times and I might just wanna stay on the ship and enjoy the Allure to its fullest. But if all specialty restaurants close as well for lunch, I might have to rethink buying the unlimited package or not. It's also quite bad that when purchasing an unlimited package, you can't make reservations before the cruise online. That means some restaurants might be booked out when boarding. Happened to some passengers on this cruise.

Thanks for any help!

Look at a related Cruise Compass for restaurant hours of operation.  I can tell you than on other ships, the coupons we receive from our travel agent can only be used on port days.  So that's when we've tried specialty restaurants.  That said, lunch at Sabra's (on the Harmony) didn't start until 2PM.    I am sure others with the UDP will comment further.

13 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Look at a related Cruise Compass for restaurant hours of operation.  I can tell you than on other ships, the coupons we receive from our travel agent can only be used on port days.  So that's when we've tried specialty restaurants.  That said, lunch at Sabra's (on the Harmony) didn't start until 2PM.    I am sure others with the UDP will comment further.

Thanks a lot! Didn't think about the compasses. Found some cruise compasses quickly....got some ideas now. Thanks for your help.