O5 named Wonder Of The Seas - sailing from Asia

Saw this on a couple Facebook groups.  No supporting links yet.  Only one photo that is not a Q class but the rendering looks different from Current Oasis class ships.  3 am local time so not much to check for confirmation.  I'm sure it is middle of the day half way across the world.  Please delete if this is just inter webs misinformation.  

72278197_2863731796989092_6910269892960714752_n.jpg

5 minutes ago, BaikG said:

I’m thinking Quantum could follow into the same path as Ovation in doing AU / US West Coast or Voyager gets sent to the US and Quantum takes over her itineraries.

There rumblings of a 4,000 passenger ship coming to California.  Splitting Quantum between Australia and California, Ovation between Australia and Alaska.  Hmmm.  Interesting times coming this fall as more 2021 itineraries are announced.  

Just now, JohnK6404 said:

What a blah name... I’ve already sailed on the Wonder (Disney Wonder). Lol! 

Likely more meaning in regional context.  

It seems while other lines have had limited success in Asia, Royal continues to see an uptick.  

Note she has no Abyss slides and the Aqua theater in this rendering doesn't appear consistent with her sisters.  Decks 17 & 18 seem different as well.

The Suez transit should be interesting.  Largest cruise ship ever.    

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Likely more meaning in regional context.  

It seems while other lines have had limited success in Asia, Royal continues to see an uptick.  

Note she has no Abyss slides and the Aqua theater in this rendering doesn't appear consistent with her sisters.  Decks 17 & 18 seem different as well.

The Suez transit should be interesting.  Largest cruise ship ever.    

Very true re: regional context.

2 hours ago, Tanner said:

Saw this on a couple Facebook groups.  No supporting links yet.  Only one photo that is not a Q class but the rendering looks different from Current Oasis class ships.  3 am local time so not much to check for confirmation.  I'm sure it is middle of the day half way across the world.  Please delete if this is just inter webs misinformation.  

72278197_2863731796989092_6910269892960714752_n.jpg

Glad it isn't Melody of the Seas. I like Wonder of the Seas much better

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

22 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

It Looks Like It Has No Flowrider Too!!

AT looks different, but the Abyss is definitely there. Same with the FlowRider but there’s only one on the port side.

11 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

With all these developments in Royal's Asian market, I hope we don't see a decline in the offerings and services in the US market. 

It’s very unlikely that will happen. Especially because RCCL China operates like a completely different company to Royal Caribbean International. For example, Royal Caribbean International has The Key while RCCL China has Royal Premier which is the same yet completely different.

3 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

With all these developments in Royal's Asian market, I hope we don't see a decline in the offerings and services in the US market. 

Zero reason to link a ship going to an emerging market with an impact to an existing market.

With the North American market predicted to head into a recession why wouldn't they put a ship in a market that will be able to support it while North America is struggling?  Smart business - diversify.   When one region is soft the company isn't at risk.      

Couple of observations....

• All the people who "reported" Melody was definitely the name....just further evidence cannot trust the rumor mill implicitly.
  • I really like the name. I get Disney has a ship called Wonder, but half the ships in the cruise industry share names (Carnival Liberty, Liberty of the Seas, etc).  Ultimately, it doesn't matter.
  • Yes, I'm disappointed I wont be able to sail on her anytime soon since she's going to China. Alas, the first four Oasis Class ships came to USA, so we're still doing pretty good.
  • I really, really like the new design, especially the upper decks. Looks futuristic.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Zero reason to link a ship going to an emerging market with an impact to an existing market.

With the North American market predicted to head into a recession why wouldn't they put a ship in a market that will be able to support it while North America is struggling?  Smart business - diversify.   When one region is soft the company isn't at risk.      

China has a dept bubble much larger than the United States & a declining currency, not entirely because of the notion they are manipulating their currency to sell more product to America...they are in a real slowdown.

1 hour ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

China has a dept bubble much larger than the United States & a declining currency, not entirely because of the notion they are manipulating their currency to sell more product to America...they are in a real slowdown.

Not saying it's perfect over there either, but it's about to blow up over here so diversify.  

This messed up my plans for a TA  back to the US on an Oasis class ship in 2021, hence the other post looking to see where Adventure & Liberty would be amped at. ?

I wished the would have just send Oasis over there to China with CAT's and gave us Melody of the Seas, Wonder was picked due to that market is what I've been told.

11 minutes ago, mworkman said:

This messed up my plans for a TA  back to the US on an Oasis class ship in 2021, hence the other post looking to see where Adventure & Liberty would be amped at. ?

I wished the would have just send Oasis over there to China with CAT's and gave us Melody of the Seas, Wonder was picked due to that market is what I've been told.

Well, Oasis ots has vegetation in Central Park...at first glance, it doesn't appear that Wonder otS Central Park has any...looks more like Tiananmen Square.

19 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Royal will place ships where it maximizes revenue.  At the moment that is Asia.  Like carnival dominating California Royal has established a significant presence in Asia while other lines faltered.  It's likely easier to purpose build a ship rather then convert one.  It's all about the money.  

24 minutes ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Well, Oasis ots has vegetation in Central Park...at first glance, it doesn't appear that Wonder otS Central Park has any...looks more like Tiananmen Square.

Hard to judge anything about Central Park. The angle of the rendering gives no insight.

One possibility is CP might be more of a greenhouse vs open. Could possibly solve any agricultural regulation problems.

What a shame! Sailed all 4 of the older sisters and since Oasis Class are the best in the fleet, I really wanted to sail on her.

Wish I could do a new ship rather than having to repeat ships, if only Odyssey was an Oasis Class (did they need 5 Quantum Class ships? They were always a polarising class).

I will say that the design looks cool.

3 hours ago, Matt said:
  • I really, really like the new design, especially the upper decks. Looks futuristic.

Good to see Royal innovating given the first Oasis class ship was designed in 2006-7.  

Deck 17 looks interesting with a rear facing open deck, presumably for Golden Suites.  I think the pink crane shield over the Aqua Theater was really smart (just kidding).  

Hopefully she'll have a similar itinerary to Spectrum when she launches so some of us have a chance at booking her before she reaches China.

Interesting move, makes sense since Asia is doing well. Looks good - quite futuristic nice update on the Oasis design. This might be a clue as why Quantum was showing in Napier (New Zealand) port schedule in 2022 and as previously mentioned it could end up between Australia/Pacific & West Coast. Let's see what happens!