Empress HDMI accessible?

AlayneR

Hello, My BFF and I are sailing 10/17 on Empress of the Seas and I’m wondering if anyone knows if the television on Empress has HDMI ports that are accessible. We love to crash late at night and watch horror movies ? 

Edited by AlayneR
grammar

My JS experience on Empress:

On Empress the flat panel is not integrated with the ship (can’t order room service through the TV).  It’s an HDTV with a plain remote control.  This means you can use the HDMI input very easily.   The flat panels were replaced as part of the 2016 refresh so they are decent compared to Majesty where they are the 1950’s version of what someone though HDTV might be like in 2019.  

In November I’ll be in a standard cabin on Empress.   I’ll see if non-suite cabins have the same.  

On some ships the additional HDMI ports are available but the remote does not have an option to switch input ports. My son has a universal remote (Walmart special) he brings that allows him to switch the inputs so he can play his video games as the TV's are standard name brand HDTV's.

8 hours ago, twangster said:

My JS experience on Empress:

On Empress the flat panel is not integrated with the ship (can’t order room service through the TV).  It’s an HDTV with a plain remote control.  This means you can use the HDMI input very easily.   The flat panels were replaced as part of the 2016 refresh so they are decent compared to Majesty where they are the 1950’s version of what someone though HDTV might be like in 2019.  

In November I’ll be in a standard cabin on Empress.   I’ll see if non-suite cabins have the same.  

Exact same TV.

10 hours ago, AlayneR said:

Hello, My BFF and I are sailing 10/17 on Empress of the Seas and I’m wondering if anyone knows if the television on Empress has HDMI ports that are accessible. We love to crash late at night and watch horror movies ? 

HDMI port or not may not matter...you maybe enjoying and having too much fun on the cruise to go to your room and watch movies in the evening...just a thought!