The Key and Main dining room

Does the key help with getting tables in the Main dining room?  We have my time dining (10 of us) and we have scheduled a time to eat but we are concerned we will miss shows....  If we have THE KEY would that get us anytime we want to eat faster?  Essentially I am asking if there is a "Key" line for the MDR.

2 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

If I understand, the Key does give you reserved seating for the shows, so you would not have to get in line as early to get a seat.

There is Key seating for the shows, but keep in mind that the section is not big enough to seat every Key guest at the same time.  There may be Key seats left at 10 minutes to curtain and then again the section might be completely full at that time.

1 hour ago, ptod said:

There is Key seating for the shows, but keep in mind that the section is not big enough to seat every Key guest at the same time.  There may be Key seats left at 10 minutes to curtain and then again the section might be completely full at that time.

ALSO, any still open seats in the Key/Suite Reserved area are released to anybody who wants them at about 10 min before the show starts 

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No.  The Key has nothing to do with MDR dining.  The Key gives you a special lunch on embarkation day and breakfast on disembarkation day.

I’ve been reading about this breakfast on disembarkation day.  From Platinum level, they get a continental breakfast. Where is this at?  Is this the trays of croissants and other danish on the counters in the theater?

How is the breakfast for Key guests different from the C&A one?

12 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I’ve been reading about this breakfast on disembarkation day.  From Platinum level, they get a continental breakfast. Where is this at?  Is this the trays of croissants and other danish on the counters in the theater?

How is the breakfast for Key guests different from the C&A one?

Different C&A levels are "assigned" a lounge or area in the theater to wait before leaving the ship.  There might be something to eat/drink offered, but it might not be the continental breakfast spread you might be imagining.

The Key breakfast has a special menu for disembarkation day in the MDR.  You can get the regular breakfast items available in the MDR just as the non-Key guests can enjoy on the last morning, but there are some special dishes.  The one that sticks out for me if the steak and eggs that my husband ordered.  He does not like the MDR for breakfast and that dish was the only way I got him to go there to check of the Key offerings.  Key guests are usually seated in a separate section during that breakfast.