CPAP in checked baggage

markm

Traveling oversea not all airlines recognize the ADA in regards to CPAP machines, so I usually put mine in checked baggage. Just wondering if anyone else has every put their CPAP in checked baggage? If so , any problems being called to the naughty room upon embarkation/debarkation?

My husband packed his in his suitcase and no issue (incidentally my bag, which contained zero electronics, was pulled to the naughty room for, I can only assume, the can of air freshner, which incidentally was ALSO for my husband...) 

Also, if you ask, they'll provide you a gallon of distilled water and an extension cord for your machine. 

I have never packed mine in checked luggage and have never been questioned about carrying it on to a plane.

And as was stated above, fill out a form to request the distilled water and extension cord.  You can find it on the RC site (I think it's a special request form).  I had not known that on previous cruises, but requested it for me latest and they had everything set for me.

I've put mine in a checked bag to board each time with no issues. DO NOT bring your own extension cord, however. That can result in a naughty room visit, so I am told.

Fill out the special needs form: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do (or send an email to special_needs@rccl.com ) Below is a screenshot of the area you need to fill out.

FYI: Be prepared to have a LARGE extension cord provided. The cord I was given was a heavy gauge cord at least 50 feet in length! ?

Needs Form.jpg

Although I filled out the customer needs form for one cruise, the supplies needed were not in our room yet. A quick conversation with our stateroom attendant had a gallon of distilled water and an extension cord delivered during our dinner service.

2 hours ago, SPS said:

I've put mine in a checked bag to board each time with no issues. DO NOT bring your own extension cord, however. That can result in a naughty room visit, so I am told.

Fill out the special needs form: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do (or send an email to special_needs@rccl.com ) Below is a screenshot of the area you need to fill out.

FYI: Be prepared to have a LARGE extension cord provided. The cord I was given was a heavy gauge cord at least 50 feet in length! ?

Needs Form.jpg

Although I filled out the customer needs form for one cruise, the supplies needed were not in our room yet. A quick conversation with our stateroom attendant had a gallon of distilled water and an extension cord delivered during our dinner service.

Thank you. I did the special needs request and I also ordered 15 ' ac power cord to replace the 6 footer that came with my CPAP. I your opinion do you think the 15 foot power cord will be long enough to eliminate the extension cord?

17 minutes ago, markm said:

I your opinion do you think the 15 foot power cord will be long enough to eliminate the extension cord?

It should be. I'm not sure of the exact length of my cord, but, it has a good deal of length (10 ft. maybe). It's enough to reach from the plug located at the vanity to the nightstand.