US Coast Guard- Delayed Boarding

Robyn

Hi! We’re so excited to board Harmony out of Port Canaveral this Sunday. Just received the attached email from RCCL. Has anyone had experience with this? Should we really not arrive before Noon? Will lines be crazy at Noon? Thanks in advance for your help! 

anxious to cruise,

robyn

296E81BA-E583-4C3A-B100-9C9CEEE21D15.png

When there is an inspection by any of the coast guards you will not be able to board until they give the all clear.  Normally you would be able to board a cruise earlier but when there is an inspection being done they are not able to let any passengers on board early.

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This happened to us for our Harmony sailing last March. No biggie. If you show up at the regular time, you will have to spend some time sitting in the terminal. I am of the mindset that is it better to sit in the terminal rather than in a hotel room.

Solid advice

I am sailing on Harmony of the Seas this Sunday, October 13. I received the following email about the US Coast Guard conducting a mandatory routine inspection. Check-in will now be from 12-3pm.

image.png.1ee842ba0187ec152569db5ff490329d.png

I usually arrive at 10am to the port. Should I arrive later or should I still plan on getting there around 10am? I don't mind being in the waiting area and I feel like there is a chance they will board early. In addition, is this similar to how they recommend me arriving at 1pm for check-in and people always arrive early or will they not actually start until 12? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

This has occurred to a cruise in the past.  I went normally and we boarded normally, maybe a 10-15 minute delay which can happen any given week.

Royal doesn't know exactly what the delay might be so they warn guests to avoid an unpleasant and unexpected delay.  If the USCG finishes early they board normally.  If the USCG decides to be more thorough, boarding can be delayed.  

Since I have to check out of my hotel anyways, I go normally and hope for the best but I don't get upset if I have to wait in the terminal.  

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This happened to us for our Harmony sailing last March. No biggie. If you show up at the regular time, you will have to spend some time sitting in the terminal. I am of the mindset that is it better to sit in the terminal rather than in a hotel room.

Hello there! I was wondering if there are seats available to sit inside, along with washrooms?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

This has occurred to a cruise in the past.  I went normally and we boarded normally, maybe a 10-15 minute delay which can happen any given week.

Royal doesn't know exactly what the delay might be so they warn guests to avoid an unpleasant and unexpected delay.  If the USCG finishes early they board normally.  If the USCG decides to be more thorough, boarding can be delayed.  

Since I have to check out of my hotel anyways, I go normally and hope for the best but I don't get upset if I have to wait in the terminal.  

I am also on the sailing this Sunday and I appreciate this advice. I had a feeling that 12-3 was just a suggestion/estimate similar to check-in times where I'm told to get there at 1:30.

I think I will arrive my normal 10/10:30 and expect to wait for a longer period of time. Thanks!