Formal Nights - 9 night Oasis

jaadance30

Is there any way to know what nights will be formal nights on a non-standard schedule?  We are on the Oasis on 3/17, which is a 9 night eastern Caribbean itinerary.  I know a 7 night is night 2 & 6, but I've also heard the 9 night could be 2 & 7.  I'm trying to make dinner reservations, and knowing for sure would make a difference in which restaurant we choose.

It depends upon the port calls and their times. RCI if they can avoid it will not have a formal night during a port call leads to to many problems. And formal nights take up time so if they have choice better to do on a sea day. You could call customer service  but I do not think they really have the complete information. Even if they give you the answer it still maybe wrong. I have requested and been given false information many times.

I would use the system, book the same reservation for both nights and once on the ship and you know the formal nights cancel one of the reservations you already have. While this is not a good way to do things for the company it does work for the customer.

Our TA called for us and they still say 2 and 6

This cruise is all weird. The cruise planner still reads like a 7 day. No entertainment listed for the extra two nights. Still looking forward to it though.

I believe the TA is wrong here or has false information. Day 6 is a Port Day until 6:00pm which would conflict with a formal night. Still having passengers boarding during a formal night really adds to things. If any tours are delayed returning even more problems. Senor staff will be busy getting the ship ready to depart. Day 8 is a sea date, so makes much more sense. Please post after the trip so we know. Have a great time.