Off Menu - MDR

guppyfresh

If you like Indian food, they usually will have a couple of off-menu Indian dishes.  They also may have vegan selections, but you would have to ask as the whole fleet hasn't rolled out that menu that I've seen.  There also might be a cold soup they can offer.

You can also order a side that comes with another entree without getting the entree portion.  I know we've requested steamed vegetables before or baked potatoes with no issues.

Savory bites are an old favorite from the bread basket that they no longer offer, but they will get some for you if you request them.

4 hours ago, guppyfresh said:

Reading thru some threads it sounds like you can order off menu at the Main Dinning Room.  Does anyone have some example of things they have ordered off menu? 

I have the same question, never know what you can get. My kids love baked potatoes and would eat them every night for dinner in the MDR, if they could

Typically if you go for an off menu item, expect not to get it that night, but they will have it the following nights.  

On the 1st night I always tell the waitstaff I want the wedge salad for dinner.  In the MDR they will offer this usually on one of the nights, but  not every night.  The wedge salad is with bacon and blue cheese dressing.  

My cousin due to a medical condition can only eat fish.  Our waitstaff on that cruise only realized this because we were teasing my cousin...Kevin, what are you getting for dinner, let me guess...fish.    He came over and asked if he only eats fish, and from there every night my cousin would order from the menu, but our waitstaff would bring an appetizer off menu as an extra for him without him asking.

The one thing to be cognizant of, is if you are going to go to a specialty restaurant, tell your wait staff the night prior so they don't have it made.  If you are going to a specialty,  ask the waitstaff if that restaurant has any off menu items.  IE I know Izumi on Adventure has a sushi roll off menu, can't recall the name of it.  We found this out the night prior when we did the Chefs table.  The maitre'd/sommelier was the one that told us to ask for it.

Last cruise, my daughter had the spaghetti bolognese on our second night and loved it. She started asking for it every night. But the end of our cruise, she didn't even have to order--our waitstaff would just have it ready for her. 

Now, granted, that is a relatively simple dish, so your mileage may vary if you're asking for something more complex. But I know it is fairly common to order off menu things and it's usually not a problem.