Embarkation lunch on majesty of the seas

A.connell97

I’m going on majesty of the seas in about 60 days now, trying to do as much research as possible ahead of time since this is my first royal Caribbean cruise. Aside from the windjammer, is there anywhere else open for lunch on embarkation day? Also any must know or must do tips for majesty of the seas? Thanks!!

For lunch there is also the Compass Deli and Sorrento's one deck above the Windjammer.  

Here is a recent live blog from August:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/14968-the-magic-of-majesty-august-19-2019-5-nights-bahamas/

She is an older ship that does look dated in places but if you can look past that she provides a great classic cruise experience.  I'll be going back on her soon for three in a row. 

She has a unique split design with a tween deck.  Once you get used to the ship design you can plan your movements better but until then pay attention to deck plans and understand not all elevators stop at all decks.  Sometimes you are best to transit through the Centrum and Schooner Bar before going up or down.  

As twangster said the compass deli is a great option as it never seems crowded, the windjammer was crowded on first day but not,like on some of the bigger ships. We just got off the Majesty about a month ago and the staff always seems so friendly on this ship, we enjoy the theater on this ship as it is comfortable and usually not packed. You will enjoy the Majesty as it is easy to navigate , have a wonderful cruise.

On 10/6/2019 at 11:53 AM, twangster said:

She has a unique split design with a tween deck.  Once you get used to the ship design you can plan your movements better but until then pay attention to deck plans and understand not all elevators stop at all decks.  Sometimes you are best to transit through the Centrum and Schooner Bar before going up or down.  

Well said!  Definitely not the same layout as quite a few other cruise ships that I have been on, and as @twangster stated pay attention to the layout and what elevators stop at which floors.  We had a wonderful cruise and I would gladly book a cruise on her again, the elevator inconvenience was the only issue we had for our over Christmas three day cruise. Have a great time! 

On 10/6/2019 at 11:53 AM, twangster said:

For lunch there is also the Compass Deli and Sorrento's one deck above the Windjammer.  

Here is a recent live blog from August:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/14968-the-magic-of-majesty-august-19-2019-5-nights-bahamas/

She is an older ship that does look dated in places but if you can look past that she provides a great classic cruise experience.  I'll be going back on her soon for three in a row. 

Call me crazy, but out of all the ship classes, (I have been on them all), I actually enjoyed the Windjammer setup and food on Majesty of the Seas the best. Everything seemed extremely fresh and well prepared with delicious pasta salads and even Manhattan Clam Chowder which I have never seen on any other ship. *This was back during the Cuba sailings.