Is this a good RoyalUp bid .... and am I being stupid?

So I booked the Oasis Thanksgiving week cruise (1st one after it’s amplification) for myself and my 8yo son, spouse can’t come this time ..... I wanted a GS or OS, but they only had JS, CL, and Aqua available and the 2 real suites were more than double the cost of the JS.  I didn’t think it was worth the extra expense for just me and my son.

The main reason I’d like a full suite is to be guaranteed dinner reservations at Coastal Kitchen and access if we feel like it for breakfast and/or lunch.  If we stay in the JS, I’m just going to do the UDP for all our meals to avoid the MDR.

MY questions are, 1) how likely would it be to get the upgrade to a GS making the max bid ($2,200 total)?  Or to one of the others with the bids I made on them?  2) ALSO, am I being stupid to even consider paying all that to upgrade mainly for Coastal Kitchen when I can just buy the UDP and eat at all the specialty restaurants instead?

3) One other thing I’ve been wondering, what happens if Oasis isn’t finished in time and they have to cancel the cruise?  How do they handle that?

983B1F0F-1BF3-4381-A2B2-3728DEECD219.jpeg

I think with Royal Up it's anyone's guess.  The trend though seems to be that more non-suite upgraded are granted vs. suites.  No harm in trying though.  Good luck.

For the second question, I'm assuming they would handle it like Navigator.  I cannot remember the details, but someone here will but I think it was future cruise credit and a refund of your cruise fare.  It was a generous offer.  That is what I remember from it.

3 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

MY questions are, 1) how likely would it be to get the upgrade to a GS making the max bid ($2,200 total)?  Or to one of the others with the bids I made on them?  2) ALSO, am I being stupid to even consider paying all that to upgrade mainly for Coastal Kitchen when I can just buy the UDP and eat at all the specialty restaurants instead?

I just looked at that sailing, and there are still some of those suites available. There were no grand suites, so you may be successfull with your royal up and could get a grand suite, or end up in another one. (if they dont get sold between now and then)

IMHO, I wouldnt pay $2200 for Coastal Kitchen. I would get the UDP and consider room service for breakfast etc, and use the rest of the budgeted $2200 for excursions, or another cruise.

I just got the updated invoce from Michelle and the difference was actually $200 LESS than what I had bid to RoyalUp!!!!!  Plus now I save $199 on the UDP I cancelled since we can eat at CK and saved $207 on the Voom Surf & Stream internet we get for free now! 

2 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

I just got the updated invoce from Michelle and the difference was actually $200 LESS than what I had bid to RoyalUp!!!!!  Plus now I save $199 on the UDP I cancelled since we can eat at CK and saved $207 on the Voom Surf & Stream internet we get for free now! 

Isn't that the best feeling ever!  Same thing happened to us on Symphony this past summer.  We caught a price drop to go from a GS to a CL for less than what bidding would have cost us.