What to bring

Hello, 

Going on my first cruise aboard Anthem in November. What exactly do I need to bring in order to board the ship? I understand there are luggage tags, set sail pass, I also have eDocuments and of course I will have my passport. Please tell me what is and isn't necessary! Thank you ?

The only thing you absolutely need is your passport.  You really should have the set sail pass to get in the door but I've heard you can usually get them to print you one when you arrive.  The porters will fill out blank luggage tags with your name/cabin number if you need them.  The eDocs are pretty useless (at most I'd download a copy to my phone).

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

The only thing you absolutely need is your passport. 

If you will only have a passport with you, it would be good to jot down your reservation number so they can access your reservation faster.  I always get my first and last name switched so having a reference number speeds things up.

13 hours ago, Danielle OG said:

Hello, 

Going on my first cruise aboard Anthem in November. What exactly do I need to bring in order to board the ship? I understand there are luggage tags, set sail pass, I also have eDocuments and of course I will have my passport. Please tell me what is and isn't necessary! Thank you ?

In addition to our Passport (and travel card), we not only bring our set sail pass, but we have an extra copy - my wife and I each have documents - in case theft occurs en route to the port.  Your carry on should have meds and other stuff you need in case suitcases are delayed or lost (it happens).  As for the e-docs, remember that in some cases your travel agent or your stateroom selection will provide you a coupon for a specialty meal; you'll want to print those even though they should be on your Seapass electronically.  Assuming you have some type of trip insurance (if only through a credit card), be sure you have your emergency information handy for calls.   (So someone in your party will need a phone.) Again, luggage can be lost even after you've arrived at the port. The point is to avoid taking just the minimum - take what would be normal for a smooth process. We use the provided luggage tags (we or our travel agent will print them) rather than hoping the porter will get our room number correct.     The more you depend upon someone else to do something for you that you forgot, the more likely it is you will experience delays.  Have a great cruise!