Formal nights and a wheelchair?!

guittech

Hey Cruise Family!

So we are a week away from our Bermuda cruise and SO EXCITED!!!!

So as my previous questions mentioned, DW has had an accident, and needed knee surgery.  So her leg is in an immobilizer,  and we are big folks, so  between the wheelchair and clothing issues (we don't go out much)  DW is a little concerned about dining room attire.  I told her she would be fine with stretchy pants over her immobilizer and a nice top.  she is a little unsure and we are both a little insecure.  would this be ok considering her situation?

I know the site still mentions tuxes and evening gowns, but I'll be honest, that is never happening for us, and I have maybe seen one person in a tux in any of our cruises!   Serenade hasn't switched to "Dress your Best" as far as i can tell

Finally, if we do end up just going to Windjammer on those nights, do they do a different menu for formal nights????

THanks cruise pals!  ONE WEEK TO GO! ?

14 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wear whatever is comfortable and don’t worry about what others are doing or wearing. Nobody cares !  Enjoy yourself and be comfortable. 

100% this.  Based on your description, you'll already be dressed more "formally" than many of your fellow passengers.  If anyone has an issue with what you choose to wear, that's their problem, not yours!  ? You're on vacation, do right by you!

20 minutes ago, Kris10May said:

I'm curious about this part of the question.  Does the Windjammer switch up the menu nightly?

Yes they do vary some menu items, and elsewhere on this blog folks have published theme schedules for various ships.  I find that I can only find paella in the WJ on Day 1, usually at lunch.