Wish upon a STAR class cruise 11/30/19 - 12/7/19

Queenbeecruises

Hello everyone.  So today has been interesting to say the least.  I guess my daughter wanted to play dress up and have fun with my makeup!  She said, ”I look pretty!”  Yes, that’s my brand new palette of eye shadow...guess I have to make another stop at Sephora.  Oh well...

On other news, we officially heard from the genie and we have started our communication emails.  Our genie is Lisa.  Her communication has been good for response time.  I did however ask for menus and she referred me to the app.  It’s a great tool, but I have guests that don’t have the app.  

This week will seem long but that’s because my husband is spending a week in Orlando for Microsoft Ignite!  He has been looking forward to this for a long time.  I am going to do my best holding down the fort while he is gone.  So in the meantime, I am trying to start packing the kids.  I can’t watch more football because my fantasy team is sucking right now.  Sigh

Go Pack Go

B2B90D3E-FF04-4B9E-A31C-34DEBC728030.jpeg

7 hours ago, Notyouravgjt said:

I finally received my email from the Royal Genie and we got Hossain Monowar.  Has anyone have the pleasure of having him as their royal genie?

He has been around for quite a few years. Many have said good things about him. Just curious, what ship are you on? Hossain has been bouncing back and forth between Oasis and Allure the last few years.

On 11/5/2019 at 8:45 AM, Queenbeecruises said:

How has your pre cruise communication going? @Notyouravgjt

It seems to be going very well.  Any time I have reached out he has responded by the next day.  Even gave me times when he will be busy with his current cruisers, when he will be on a break that he can respond to us, and when are times he needs to recharge his powers.  Which for me is good to know now and when we are on the boat.  I am impressed already and getting even more excited.

I am sitting here thinking this...

I just feel like I have so much to do!  We have finalized some plans though.  We decided that we are going to have Thanksgiving at our house, then we have Friday for shopping...you know last minute shopping.? Our plan for Saturday is to get some Dunkin when they open and be on the road by 6-6:30 am in the morning.  We have about a 4.5 hour drive or so.  My goal is to be at the port by 11am!!!  

Our Genie communication with Lisa has been good.  I feel like we are not needy cruisers, but I have become reliant on Lisa.  I spent so much time on that survey, I wanted to make sure she got it and actually read it.  She gave me a little more bad news when it came to my drink preferences saying there is no Corona Premier or Vanilla Crown Royal.  She assured me that I wouldn’t go thirsty!!!  So the good news is they do read those surveys.  I am patiently waiting for her next email because she was outlining our dining and show schedule.  I have some specific requests so I am excited to see it all play out. 

We are just so excited.  

58A97DF8-3632-4460-8162-E7B6BEDD888A.jpeg

Okay guys...10 DAYS till Symphony!!

I am currently looking at my schedule.  Only 6 more workouts, 9 more sleeps, and 5.5 more working days.  I am a sucker for countdowns.  My hair appointment is for Friday, getting my nails done Tuesday.  I am just so excited to relax!!! 

We heard from the Genie on our schedule.  I am not too pleased with it, rather disappointed.  So to turn a negative into a positive, I am making my own schedule!  

Forgot to mention, on Day 2 we are doing a cabin crawl.  I am excited to host this.  We are the second to the last cabin because someone has a crown loft suite.  I talked to the Genie about having so planks and appetizers so we are all set on that! 

How am I ever going to cruise again with out Star Class?  Please tell me it can be done...

8 minutes ago, Queenbeecruises said:

We heard from the Genie on our schedule.  I am not too pleased with it, rather disappointed.  So to turn a negative into a positive, I am making my own schedule!  

What do you mean ?  Your Genie created a schedule without consulting with you first ?  This isn't really a big deal.  You can do whatever YOU want to do.  I'm sure the Genie was just trying to be proactive.  Sometimes it's a waste of their time but they usually try and do SOME kind of pre-planning. 

8 minutes ago, Queenbeecruises said:

How am I ever going to cruise again with out Star Class?  Please tell me it can be done...

You cannot go back.  I wish you could, but you can't.  ?

It is easier when you cruise on a ship that doesn't have SC.  

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What do you mean ?  Your Genie created a schedule without consulting with you first ?  This isn't really a big deal.  You can do whatever YOU want to do.  I'm sure the Genie was just trying to be proactive.  Sometimes it's a waste of their time but they usually try and do SOME kind of pre-planning. 

I was referring to the dining schedule.  I do appreciate her trying some pre-planning though.  I am just rearranging it a little bit. 

3 hours ago, Queenbeecruises said:

It can be done, but then you will find yourself befriending the Genies or trying to steal your friend's Genie to "pretend" that you sailing Star Class. ?

So this was supposed to be posted yesterday!  My son is the official mover of the countdown!  He takes great pride moving it every morning!

To further our conversation on cruising not in SC, I think I have to agree with you all!  So we are booked on Oasis in an ATS for 3/20/22!!

Hope you all have a fantastic day!  

41222342-10F1-4E41-812E-3B369A0F3B35.jpeg

3 hours ago, Queenbeecruises said:

So this was supposed to be posted yesterday!  My son is the official mover of the countdown!  He takes great pride moving it every morning!

To further our conversation on cruising not in SC, I think I have to agree with you all!  So we are booked on Oasis in an ATS for 3/20/22!!

Hope you all have a fantastic day!  

41222342-10F1-4E41-812E-3B369A0F3B35.jpeg

I LOVE this.  What a cute idea.

On 11/20/2019 at 12:20 PM, Queenbeecruises said:

Forgot to mention, on Day 2 we are doing a cabin crawl.  I am excited to host this.  We are the second to the last cabin because someone has a crown loft suite.  I talked to the Genie about having so planks and appetizers so we are all set on that! 

Sweet, I'm signed up for the cabin crawl too.  Someone on the Facebook group also organized a slot pull (on Day 3) if anyone is interested. 

5 more sleeps to go!

Good morning.  We are exactly two days away....ahhhhhhhhh!  I saw this and it made me laugh!

update...still haven’t packed yet.  Ugghh.  The idea of packing seems fun till you have to actually do it.

On other news, I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

5C900E45-DE48-45F0-836A-97922DD0A883.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Queenbeecruises said:

Yay!!!!  It’s CRUISE DAY!!!  

We left at about 6:00 am and stopped for some breakfast at Chick Fil A.  Estimated arrival time is a little after 10am.  

Have a great Cruise!! living vicariously through you as mine is still 428 days away. ? 

Good morning.  I am a little late o review day 1 because I had a little too much fun Saturday night!  I was chocolatly wasted on Chocolate martinis!  Boy, did I pay the price.  

Embarkation was so smooth.  We arrived about 10:45 and took us about 15 minutes to find a parking spot.  We found the Star Class banner pretty easily.  We were whisked away inside the lounge while we waited for our luggage to go through security.  Everyone made a bathroom break and then Lisa took us away.  I told her we have been on several Oasis Class ships so no tour was necessary.  She mentioned our room was ready so off we went.  This ROOM is amazing.  If anyone is thinking about securing the Villa, do think...just do it!!  I will post some pictures soon of the Suite.  Once inside the suite Lisa went over our schedule and some ins and outs.  We got all of our phones set up on voom.  

It was time for lunch at Jamie’s.  This one was a huge surprise.  I am a big fan of Giovanni’s so it had big shoes to fill.  It was quite tasty.  We tried the meat plank, aranaci, Calamari, the garlic bread and shrimp.  Star Class food coma is commencing.  For mains we had the salmon, smaller pasta portions, lasagna, and my dad had chicken.  ALL of it was exceptional.  Somehow we managed to have room for dessert.  So she made us a dessert plank.  We left and most of us took a nap!  

E0B96D67-3449-463B-827F-1F3EB3EEE1B0.jpeg

So I must admit...this review just went Liveish!!  Lol.  

Here are the pictures from Jamie’s Lunch.  I can not recommend enough.  The pictures sure the carbonara, chicken Caesar, chicken, salmon and the pomodoro with no burrata.  Lastly is our dessert plank.  

1C390E96-DA4B-4E0C-8C76-92F4EBF549AC.jpeg

9632DC32-B071-471D-8772-F603CA69D5F5.jpeg

43279934-0389-4997-BF68-95F6865AC339.jpeg

BE53D103-8642-49F2-A44C-9F296F0CBD5C.jpeg

F1D3D25D-C297-4E01-AD47-FF3BB03E11D8.jpeg

73CED232-655F-4931-A562-FD39D30BA23B.jpeg