2019 Black Friday Deals (Sailing Window Question)

Rafael P

All,

I've booked HOS cruise planned to sailing in December this year from the 8th to 15th and, I've been looking for the Deluxe Beverage Package deals for the past 4 months, however, I didn’t' find any interesting deal.

I have a question regarding the possible sailing window applicable for the 2019 black Friday deals. Would you recommend that I wait for those potentials black Friday offers to buy the Beverage Package or buy It in advance?

Many thanks for the support.

Best,

RP

Hi @Rafael P, welcome to the RCBlog message boards!

As a rule, you'll want to continue watching the price of the DBP and buy it when it reaches a price you're happy with. While Royal does tend to offer a number of good deals during Black Friday / Cyber Monday, there is no guarantee that the DBP will be among them, or that if they do offer a special like 30% off (the best you will see for the package) that it will actually be any better a price than they've been offering before.

I'm exhibit A on this. My sailing leaves in just over two weeks, and last year at Black Friday I scored unbelievable prices on the Refreshment Package ($17 per person per night) and 2-device VOOM (also $17/day); but the DBP was priced at $52 per person per night on a BOGO50 sale, which was more than I was willing to pay because I knew I wouldn't "break even".

The price of the DBP has never gone lower than that $52 price for my sailing, and I've been checking it every week. And just a month or so back the price increased; Now the BOGO50 rate is $56, and the 30% off rate is $52.

If you want a tool to help you gauge what the "right price" might be for your sailing, @Grenadyr created a handy calculator tool at https://connect.calcapp.net/?app=9tts3#/

• 1 month later...

Whatever you do, do NOT wait till your on the ship, the price goes up to about $89 a day. You can always buy now and if it drops cancel and rebook. To break even you need 4 drinks a day..all those fruity cocktails are about $13 .Now my last cruise I thought there was NO WAY we could drink that much. When we got our final statement my husband and I drank about $2600 worth so it was definitely worth it. It is hard to pass down a drink as they are walking around the pool deck with them.