Favorite Vacation Drinks??

samiaam25

I always get the drink package when I cruise because, let’s face it, we like indulge on vacation ?. I have my favorites but love trying new things and am always intrigued by some of the drinks I see others with. As a true introvert, I never ask anyone what they are! So, tell me - what are your favorite vacation drinks?? 

We are not too adventurous but we always enjoy a Pina Colada, Strawberry Colada, Vodka Cranberry, Screwdriver, Madras, and a Mudslide.  We are split on the Coco Loco/Labadoozie.  Our favorite watering hole outside of the pool area is the Schooner lounge.  We enjoy the trivia there as well as the smell from the oil on the ropes.

D

Kraken Colada/Kraken Lava Flow has to be my fav frozen drink.

Mix drinks I typically stick to Kraken and Coke, but my last cruise I was introduced to a drink called Caipiroska by a very good bartender in the Bamboo Room.  I loved it and decided to get at least one every night from that bartender.

4 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I must be the odd one here, prefer Blanton's on the rocks

Nothing odd about that at all.....Blanton's is amazing and should never be mixed.  Bravo. Im a bourbon guy, also....but in the tropical spirit of vacations....I like to venture into the tropical flavors. I cant drink a lot of the thick, sugar drinks.....which is why I stick to Cocunut rum and sprite zero. Here lately ive discovered mixing coconut rum and those La Croix flavored seltzers is GREAT, and NO HANGOVER....yet. lol  

5 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I must be the odd one here, prefer Blanton's on the rocks, a merlot or a good dark beer. The wife usually has rum and coke or mango margarita, that about as fruit of a drink that she will have.

I will always prefer a good beer.  But, unfortunately, the beer on RC typically sucks.  You can find something decent at the pub, but even that place is just OK.  All the other locations have Bud, Michelob, Miller, Heineken and Blue Moon.  I'll drink the Blue Moon, but that gets old after a while.

Last week, when we sailed out of Boston, I held out some hope that they'd stock up on some Sam Adams or Harpoon since the breweries are both with a couple of miles of the dock, but no such luck.  I ended up drinking Stone IPA (pretty good), but they ran out halfway through the week.

37 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I must be the odd one here, prefer Blanton's on the rocks, a merlot or a good dark beer.

Not odd at all. I have a glass of Chianti, Zinfandel, or other good red with dinner every night, sometimes venture into white if I think it would work better with the meal or the waiter recommends one. But I don't really think of wine as the "drink at the side of the pool" kind of thing, and that where I kind of took the OP to be going with their requests.

28 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

I will always prefer a good beer.  But, unfortunately, the beer on RC typically sucks.  You can find something decent at the pub, but even that place is just OK.  All the other locations have Bud, Michelob, Miller, Heineken and Blue Moon.

Yeah, this. The pub does have some good options, like Paulaner Salvator Doppelbock, but they're few and far between. And if you have the DBP, beer is probably the worst value for the package; you have to drink twice as much beer as mixers or wine to hit a break-even, which is really difficult.

On 10/3/2019 at 8:42 AM, mworkman said:

I must be the odd one here, prefer Blanton's on the rocks, a merlot or a good dark beer. The wife usually has rum and coke or mango margarita, that about as fruit of a drink that she will have.

Which ship had Blanton's? 

This is my plan (shut up liver, I bought the drink package).

Jameson whiskey and orange juice as an alternative to mimosa in the morning.

Corona/Bud/Heineken/any lager (aka sucky beer to some) beer in the afternoon with lunch.

Around the pool drinks Painkiller, Pina colada, Lava Flow, Mai Tai. 

Pre dinner/evening drinks, Gin and Tonic, Bourbon old fashioned. Wine with dinner.

After dinner options: White Russian, Margarita from Boleros, Bourbon on rocks or neat. 

New to try for me next cruise. Kraken rum with pina colada or lava flow, Raspberry Collins, BBC, Scotch before the 25% tariff takes affect. 

46 minutes ago, DDaley said:

New ultimate favorite cruise beverage is a vodka/water with a splash of pineapple - very refreshing, tropical, and you won't get as hungover! 

Other faves include Painkillers (piña colada on the rocks with extra rum) and the BBC (Baileys, Banana liquor, Rum, piña colada mix, banana).

The BBC sounds soooo good!!! This one is at the top of my must-try list! 

8 minutes ago, NateL said:

Which ship had Blanton's? 

This is my plan (shut up liver, I bought the drink package).

Jameson whiskey and orange juice as an alternative to mimosa in the morning.

Corona/Bud/Heineken/any lager (aka sucky beer to some) beer in the afternoon with lunch.

Around the pool drinks Painkiller, Pina colada, Lava Flow, Mai Tai. 

Pre dinner/evening drinks, Gin and Tonic, Bourbon old fashioned. Wine with dinner.

After dinner options: White Russian, Margarita from Boleros, Bourbon on rocks or neat. 

New to try for me next cruise. Kraken rum with pina colada or lava flow, Raspberry Collins, BBC, Scotch before the 25% tariff takes affect. 

A raspberry Collins? That sounds amazing!