Sorry Royal Up Question Again

Neesa

The TA our group is using explains that our Thanksgiving cruise is pretty much booked solid, albeit I ghost booked on line and that does not seem to be the case. Does anyone know how many Royal Up offers are sent out? Why when clearly the suites seem to be all accounted for? Does everyone sailing receive this? I received 4 different staterooms (we are in an OS) they sent a Royal Suite, 2 & 1 bedroom Aqua as well as the CL but my current OS was more money at booking  then the CL so there is no way I am bidding additional monies for it. My mindset was we have Sky benefits so I only bid on the Star suites. Royal Caribbean is magical, making me excited to want to "win" the opportunity to pay more money, why am I so giddy? (as an aside, my husband of 30 years, ah not so much! "What, you want to pay more?? ) Taheeheeehee, the man is a SAINT. As always thank you for your insight and feedback :27_sunglasses:

Inventory does not matter when it comes to RoyalUp.  If someone bails on a room, that opens up the inventory and Royal can turn to the bids that have been placed and accept those over putting that room back on the open market if they feel it will be best to their bottom line.  

Remember if you are in an OS and you bid on something and get moved, that frees up that OS.  For example, if you bid $500 to upgrade but someone bid $2000 for an OS...by accepting your bid and moving you, they can accept that OS bid now and effectively gain $2500 really easily!  Then can then accept a bid for the room that whoever took your OS..it will be a snowball effect down the line. 

They don't have to try to sell these rooms at the last minute at a discount and instead they get to keep what they originally received from whoever canceled since it's past the final payment mark and then they get all this extra money from the snowball effect of all the RoyalUp bids.  That could end up being more than what they could have resold the room for.  It's a very complicated proprietary algorithm I am sure and I think it's a genius business idea.

Neesa, I completely concur with you; if you are already in Sky then there is really no reason to bid on another Sky class room.  Star Class...oh yeah....Remember that the 1 BR ATS are NOT Star Class so you can mark those off your list as well.  There's no way I would consider moving from an OS to a 1 BR ATS especially since it is Sky Class to Sky Class.

I have found that very often the OS is more expensive than the CLS.  I know people like to be up on Deck 17 but many people also do not like the stairs associated with the lofts (I'm in that crowd).  Are you in one of the OS that has a connecting room or one of the non-connected OS ?  The reason I ask is b/c I am also in an OS next year (Allure) and from what I can see from photos, the stand-alone OS on the O class ships have a big pole right near the front door.  The connecting OS don't have that pole but all of the non-connecting do.  I shouldn't let that bother me but it does.  Even though I do not want the hassle of stairs, I am considering switching from the OS to a CLS just so I don't have to dick around with that pole.

:35_thinking:Hummm, @WAAATOOO I'm not sure if it is connecting, it is 11240 I believe. I agree with the 1Bedroom Aqua also, I watched a video and then looked at the fact that it was Sky just like OS and declined to make an offer there. Also, I would be super paranoid I would be on deck 14 and the foot traffic is unbearable for me. The starting bid for it was $300.00 so $600.00 extra (possibly) and be miserable for 7 nights with the same Sky benefits, hard pass. Do not love the stairs but love the idea of 2 bathrooms, I actually have a CL May 2020 for my next sailing on RCCL. I will now be looking for a picture of that pole, inquiring minds. Thanks for your response it made me chuckle. By the way, for all this RCCL blog giddiness I am experiencing I may need a support group !! Thanks again :16_relieved:

Was not a fan on the deck 14 1BR Aqua on Oasis, sure same would apply to Allure.

During the Flow Rider sessions you could hear a dull motor sound. Wasn't overly loud, just white noise that was noticeable when gone. Plus the tub/shower combo was somewhat of a difficult step up to enter. Getting out it was better just to sit on the ledge and swing over.

Thinking back of a room tour Harmony at least had a dedicated shower. Sure Symphony is the same layout. Noise, can't really comment on that one.