Allure October 2020

Cheska

Hi,

We are first time cruisers.We have booked Allure of the Seas in October 2020 for its last sailing on the Mediterranean itinerary.

I have a couple if concerns regarding the weather at that time of the year?Can the weather affect on board activities such as the water slides and ziplind?

Also, any advice on  self guided trips in the ports of Marseille, Livorno, Naples and Rome?

19 hours ago, Cheska said:

I have a couple if concerns regarding the weather at that time of the year?Can the weather affect on board activities such as the water slides and ziplind?

Sure, if the weather is bad it could cancel them.  Unlikely, but it does happen.  When it does happen, usually just temporary.

Cheska, In my opinion and experiences, October is a great time to go to the Mediterranean. Much less crowded and you are not going to roast in the heat as you tour.  Weather may be an issue if you are expecting 80's, more likely mid 60-70's. Depending on your ship, the solarium area is always a comfortable place.  As a first time cruiser, strongly consider a tour either through RC, Viator or another well known group unless you are familiar with the cities and transportation. A European cruise can be an up-tempo affair so check out TripAdvisor and CruiseCritic for ideas. Also don't be afraid to take a ship day if you don't find a tour of interest. A relaxing empty ship to recharge is NICE especially on the Allure.