Hey CocoCay Beach Club and over water cabanas!

1 hour ago, dodgestang said:

Finally showed up in my cruise planner for an April sailing on Grandeur!

Super excited....at $999 for the cabana it isn't exactly cheap though.

Looks great but for that price it better come with several 90 minutes  massages, access to everything on the island, and someone to peel and feed me grapes and de-seeded strawberries!!!?

It comes with a slide and a hammock.  ?

And a concierge to get you drinks and food. ?‍?

We've been to Coco twice...the first time was August 2018.....and we did a bungalow on south beach....before all the changes....the completely uninterrupted views of the ocean with nothing but water and horizon we liked much better than the view of the ship you get from the cabana location we did in Dec 2018 (now called Chill Island Cabana)...although the water there was better for swimming than south beach with more fish and depth.  We also really enjoyed the Suite Buffet they used to do at the cabanas that it sounds like is the kind of food you get at the beach club now.

So...in for a penny in for a pound. 

13 hours ago, cobra614 said:

I just bought it at that price.

For us a cruise is at most a once a year deal, might as well enjoy ourselves. 

I gotta admits it is an impulse buy, but why not.

I got lucky and had already gotten a cheap deal on the South Beach bungalows. So for me it's definitely not worth the upgrade price. But you're right--if I was just now looking at it and I had the money, there are worse ways to splurge. 

Got my overwater booked for Harmony Jan 2020 @  $1499!!  Price in cart is hopefully bugged. Description says price if for each floating cabana not per person but when i added multiple guests the price went up $1499 for each extra person. Backed out and just booked it for me alone to lock it in. I will call to add in the guests.

2 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Got my overwater booked for Harmony Jan 2020 @  $1499!!  Price in cart is hopefully bugged. Description says price if for each floating cabana not per person but when i added multiple guests the price went up $1499 for each extra person. Backed out and just booked it for me alone to lock it in. I will call to add in the guests.

You add 1 guest and pay once.  Price is per cabana not per guest

6 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

No need to add any guests now.  You will get the full number of wristbands that comes with your cabana.

4 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

You add 1 guest and pay once.  Price is per cabana not per guest

As i added it the site asked how many guests i put in 3, it asked for the names from my reservations i added them and the price int he cart was 4500. So i canceled it and put just my name in. Boom 1499. The site is definitely bugged.

• 7 months later...
On 10/2/2019 at 2:56 PM, dodgestang said:

It comes with a slide and a hammock.  ?

And a concierge to get you drinks and food. ?‍?

We've been to Coco twice...the first time was August 2018.....and we did a bungalow on south beach....before all the changes....the completely uninterrupted views of the ocean with nothing but water and horizon we liked much better than the view of the ship you get from the cabana location we did in Dec 2018 (now called Chill Island Cabana)...although the water there was better for swimming than south beach with more fish and depth.  We also really enjoyed the Suite Buffet they used to do at the cabanas that it sounds like is the kind of food you get at the beach club now.

So...in for a penny in for a pound. 

We are traveling with children and are considering the over water cabana.  How deep is water around the cabana? Also do you have the option of choosing a cabana closer to the shore? 

9 hours ago, Ashley898 said:

We are traveling with children and are considering the over water cabana.  How deep is water around the cabana? Also do you have the option of choosing a cabana closer to the shore? 

We were not able to pick our cabana.

The water was around 5 feet deep. I'm  5 11 and i touched the bottom in most spots and my head was above the water. Don't think it would be shallower if you had one closer to shore with the way they were built. 

I was in cabana #10 , one of the 4 end units with the most open water to the sides