Anthem RoyalUP Bid Successful

Dawn T.

Just now, JohnC71 said:

Thanks for your response.  I'm going to try calling Royal later - Although, at this point, we may have waited too long.

RoyalUp bids can be won up to cruise day..you never know when it comes to down to the wire cancellations.

I hope you can get some answers from Royal, but I think you need to contact cruises.com and inquire with them as they are your TA.  Royal usually won't talk directly with you because of that.

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

RoyalUp bids can be won up to cruise day..you never know when it comes to down to the wire cancellations.

I hope you can get some answers from Royal, but I think you need to contact cruises.com and inquire with them as they are your TA.  Royal usually won't talk directly with you because of that.

I think you were right about the travel agent possibly opting out.  I have 4 rooms booked through cruises.com.  Another family member booked separately later on through Royal, I just tried they're info and it brought me right in and showed me room options to bid on.

I'll call TA later.  Although currently we have all 5 rooms on same floor, all mid ship, and I know once bidding you are subject to wherever they place you.  With a few small kids in a few of the rooms, it may be easier to just stay where we all are.

If you win a Royal Up bid for a GS or above and have already purchased The Key, do you automatically get The Key price refunded, being that most of the benefits of The Key are duplicated by suite benefits except for the Surf and Stream?

There are only a few of The Key benefits that I'm interested in being priority embarkation and debarkation, priority tendering, embarkation lunch and surf and Stream. With the current price of The Key at $16.99 pp/pd it might be worth it. Having said that, I'd rather put in a bid for Royal Up to a GS, OS or RS with added benefits being so much more than The Key and just add the Surf and Stream separately. 

Decisions. decisions?

12 minutes ago, FManke said:

If you win a Royal Up bid for a GS or above and have already purchased The Key, do you automatically get The Key price refunded, being that most of the benefits of The Key are duplicated by suite benefits except for the Surf and Stream?

There are only a few of The Key benefits that I'm interested in being priority embarkation and debarkation, priority tendering, embarkation lunch and surf and Stream. With the current price of The Key at $16.99 pp/pd it might be worth it. Having said that, I'd rather put in a bid for Royal Up to a GS, OS or RS with added benefits being so much more than The Key and just add the Surf and Stream separately. 

Decisions. decisions?

About a month ago, I upgraded my balcony room to a Grand Suite.  I then had to cancel The Key via the cruise planner, it didnt happen automatically.  

Just to add - I did this upgrade prior to Royal Up, through my TA.  But I would imagine upgrading through Royal Up wouldnt automatically cancel "The Key" purchase

11 minutes ago, FManke said:

If you win a Royal Up bid for a GS or above and have already purchased The Key, do you automatically get The Key price refunded

No.  You would have to manually request the Key refund. You can either do it yourself before the cruise (money refunded to your CC) or do it after you board or get the Concierge to help you get the refund (On Board Credit).

1 minute ago, JohnC71 said:

About a month ago, I upgraded my balcony room to a Grand Suite.  I then had to cancel The Key via the cruise planner, it didnt happen automatically.  

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

No.  You would have to manually request the Key refund. You can either do it yourself before the cruise (money refunded to your CC) or do it after you board or get the Concierge to help you get the refund (On Board Credit).

Thanks! 

I guess that makes sense, why would any company automatically give money back to you, unless you ask for it.

This is not my experience but from My In law. They went on the cruise with us on Symphony Last week. I had my Balcony room and the location I like so I did not upgrade my room. My in law bid to upgrade their room from Inside cabin to the window. They got an upgraded room. The room look nice with window on deck 3 but there is a catch. The room # is 5380 under the Jazz on 4 where is playing Jazz music every night until 12 am or later at night. My In law are 70 years old so they like to sleep early. So be careful about the upgraded room. May not worth it. You will not know the room until last minutes and you cannot change the room after decision made.

14 minutes ago, Susie said:

This is not my experience but from My In law. They went on the cruise with us on Symphony Last week. I have my Balcony room and the location I like so I did not upgrade my room. My in law bid to upgrade their room from Inside cabin to the window. They got an upgraded room. The room look nice with window on deck 3 but there is a catch. The room # is 5380 under the Jazz on 4 where is playing Jazz music every night until 12 am or later at night. My In law are 70 years old so they like to sleep early. So be careful about the upgraded room. May not worth it. You will not know the room until last minutes and you cannot change the room after decision made.

That is one of the risks of the Royal Up program. You don't know the exact location of your cabin until it's assigned to you. Since the bids are just a fraction of the cost you would have paid if you booked the cabin originally, most people think it's worth the risk.

5 minutes ago, FManke said:

That is one of the risks of the Royal Up program. You don't know the exact location of your cabin until it's assigned to you. Since the bids are just a fraction of the cost you would have paid if you booked the cabin originally, most people think it's worth the risk.

Yes, exactly that what my In law think but they regret their decision and get for what they paid for.

4 minutes ago, Rebecca Ann said:

I may have missed it somewhere in the thread, but how close to cruise date do they notify you? I leave this Saturday and still haven't heard anything. 

I've read that you can receive an e-mail as late as 24-48 hrs before.