Coco Cay Beach Club Update

I found this on Facebook from Rob Stone Photography. He brought a drone to Coco Cay (he was initially told he could use it before someone else told him no).  You can see a tiny bit of what is going on behind the construction walls. Unfortunately is is not very much. But hey, something is better than nothing. 

Edit: new link as the last one was private. 

Edited by StayFrosty

5 minutes ago, PhuckPhacha said:

Booked passes for April 2021 this AM. Cabanas are just a beach...er...bridge too far.

This is precisely what I did.  I want to be able to go to the Club, swim in the pool and eat some lobster but I have learned from experience that the cabanas are a waste of money for us.  We just take naps there.  So I feel like entrance into the club at $64.99 PP was a pretty good deal.  The "floating" cabanas (I guess they have renamed them from "Over-the-water" to "floating") for us are $1499 (Anthem, Feb. 2020). For the 2 of us to take a nap that is just waaaytooo much.  I am, however, interested to see what the Club is like.

One thing I did notice in the planner is that because I had previously bought all day thrill park passes, there was a schedule conflict buying passes to the club as well. I had to delete the park passes for the transaction to go through. 

Frustrating, as I planned to take my son over to the park for part of the day to ride on some slides. I may have to call in to see if i can make a double excursion happen on coco cay.

wow - the floating cabanas are 2,300 CAD for our April 2021 cruise.  That's a hard no.  Pretty sure there will be a sale... but hard to justify for 4.   And will you actually be able to use the slide into the water?  The water levels look super low around that "floating" bar and I'm guessing the cabanas will be at a similar depth or distance from shore.    Time will tell.

27 minutes ago, PhuckPhacha said:

I may have to call in to see if i can make a double excursion happen on coco cay.

Yes, if you call in they can override the calendar conflicts. I had to call to book my day pass since I currently have a South Beach cabana booked. I likely won't keep both, but I want to keep my options open for now! 

10 hours ago, nhilding10 said:

Were there age limits to the club area? I saw no restrictions, but we're traveling with a 6 and 5 year old, and we'd like to try the area, but I want to be respectful if it's more of an adult-only area. What are everyone's thoughts on that? Thanks!

We’re taking our son to Coco Beach Club .... he will be 8 for some cruises next year and 9 for the one booked in 2021 so far ......... the cruise planner gives a price for children and if there’s an age limit, it wouldn’t let you book any children on your reservation who weren’t old enough.

Just booked an overwater for Jan 2020 cruise. So excited, we are cabana people and see a ton of value in having our own space.

Price seems bugged. It says price is per floating cabana @ 1499 for me but when i added in guests it was trying to charge 1499 per person. I booked it for just me to lock it in and im going to call to add in the other guests.

Question - Do kids count to the total guests? We have 8 adults and 3 kids (all 3 are  8  ) so either i'm excluding a family or the kids can watch us from the beach lol. Possible one of the families that is joining us may not want to split the cost.

40 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Just booked an overwater for Jan 2020 cruise. So excited, we are cabana people and see a ton of value in having our own space.

Price seems bugged. It says price is per floating cabana @ 1499 for me but when i added in guests it was trying to charge 1499 per person. I booked it for just me to lock it in and im going to call to add in the other guests.

Question - Do kids count to the total guests? We have 8 adults and 3 kids (all 3 are  8  ) so either i'm excluding a family or the kids can watch us from the beach lol. Possible one of the families that is joining us may not want to split the cost.

Kids are included in the count.  Everyone will need a wristband to enjoy the South Beach Beach Club area that comes with cabana access.  The overwater cabanas are a new thing, but they may even police entrance to the dock that leads to those cabanas, so it will only be limited to those with the cabana wristbands.  We won't know all of the details until they are opened, but they previously did check for wristbands to enter South Beach from the interior of the island.  They only had bungalows there really at the time.  You could still walk along the beach and over to the South Beach area without a wristband, but with building the beach club and overwater cabanas, no clue how they will handle it now.

22 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

Yes, if you call in they can override the calendar conflicts. I had to call to book my day pass since I currently have a South Beach cabana booked. I likely won't keep both, but I want to keep my options open for now! 

Thank you for the confirmation! 

3 hours ago, bossdog421 said:

As with other cabana locations, you only need to select one person for the reservation. Selecting multiple guests will lead to multiple cabanas being reserved. The other guests who will be using it don't need to be named until the day of the excursion I believe.