Picture of yourself

JRogers

No, it's not mandatory.  I do it, and have never had any trouble with it, but many people report that they just end up having to retake their photo at the port (which takes no time at all).  I just use my cell phone and stand in front of a light, neutral background. But it's no big deal if you don't want to go through the hassle. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

No, it's not mandatory.  I do it, and have never had any trouble with it, but many people report that they just end up having to retake their photo at the port (which takes no time at all).  I just use my cell phone and stand in front of a light, neutral background. But it's no big deal if you don't want to go through the hassle. 

Same. I don't turn into a photographer or anything. Some quick cellphone mugshots did the trick last time.

Beware of taking pictures at the terminal!!!!   I was wondering why the security staff started greeting me by name before my card dinged me on/off ship.  My husband finally suggested that I look at my picture on their screen the next time - turns out he had given me bunny ears while having my picture taken at check-in and the check-in person let it go.  Security thought it was funny too.  ?  :4_joy:

18 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I don't bother with it anymore.  The last 2 times they have re-taken our photos anyway...so I don't even bother now.  It takes maybe 5 more seconds each to check in.

I agree 100%. I stopped taking the photo because they always end up re-taking it at the port.

+1 regarding we no longer do it bc we found that they are very particular about the background color.  One time we did it at home in one room, no problem.   The next time they had us re-take it at port, same room we used before.  They told us that probably this time the sunlight was not as much as before, thus the background color did not meet their standards and that meant they had to do it at the port.