How do you carry SeaPass card

JRogers

Last cruise wow band but if that's not an option ... just put it in my pocket (even bathing suit) or backpack that we are bring to pool anyway (sunscreen, book, etc).

At one point I had 3 wow bands on when I went to get a round for everyone. LOL

Edited by sk8erguy1978
add

3 hours ago, JRogers said:

How do you carry your SeaPass card around with you on the ship so that you don't lose it, and it is easy to get to when you need it?  Thanks.

Lanyard for us, and if they have them then the WOW band.  Both are a matter of opinion and they both have their advantages and disadvantages, if we are onboard a ship with both then we prefer the WOW band for the most part but there are quite a few times that we will use the lanyard.  

19 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Pocket. . . And I've lost one on every cruise I've been on, even DCL with their free lanyards. I'm good!

We pick up at least 2 sea pass cards around the ship every cruise and drop them off at Guest Services.

We have even found multiple cards (not Royal cards) on different sidewalks in Alaska - gave one to a crew member we just happened to run into from the ship that matched the first lost/found card and actually walked up to other ship and handed the 2nd card to security before making our way back to our own ship.

I always wonder how freaked out people must feel when they realize they have lost their cards - especially in a port.

One more thing.  

3 minutes ago, PatsFanBrian said:

In my wallet, my wife puts hers in whatever bag she's carrying at the time.

If we're by the pool, I put my wallet in the backpack we bring with us.

Like PatsfanBrian.  Have A "system."  We have magnet hooks by the door.  When we enter our stateroom,  we hang it.  As we leave, we pick it up.  

17 hours ago, JRogers said:

How do you carry your SeaPass card around with you on the ship so that you don't lose it, and it is easy to get to when you need it?  Thanks.

I use the lanyard on the ship except for the pool area, where I have a phone-sized waterproof sleeve.  That is also my choice for excursions.

Some ships have RFID, so you can tap your card instead of taking it out of the sleeve.  That saves wear and tear on the sleeves, which tend to tear.  I wear the lanyard around the neck sometimes and in my pocket on other occasions.  How you carry your card will depend upon how you use it.  I find I really don't need it much on the ship -- I am not buying drinks or gifts all the time.

Even if you carry your SeaPass in a pocket, consider a waterproof sleeve if you intend to have a beach or snorkel day.  Not all places have secure lockers....

5 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Some ships have RFID, so you can tap your card instead of taking it out of the sleeve.

The ships with the RFID are also the ships with the WOW bands.  

I prefer using the card to the bands, though.  I just use a lanyard that has a detachable sleeve for the RFID ships and had that over.

From an old trip to Colonial Williamsburg -- have lanyards with clear pockets -- I use it, although I sometimes loop it around the handle of my tote bag instead of wearing it.  Ihave DD in wheelchair wear hers.  DH usually carries his in his pocket, but I don't always have something with a pocket, and I don't want to dig around in the tote bag.   If I'm dressed up, & not carrying my tote, it goes in a little pocket inside my evening bag.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

The ships with the RFID are also the ships with the WOW bands.  

I prefer using the card to the bands, though.  I just use a lanyard that has a detachable sleeve for the RFID ships and had that over.

Same here, I prefer the card.  The only time I used the WOW band was to open my stateroom door.  At the MDR and most bars on the Harmony, I was asked to take off the WOW band for them to scan whenever I ordered a drink... not very convenient.

Wallet. Even though the Sea Pass is all I really need to walk around with while I'm on the ship, it keeps me from having the panic inducing "Where's my wallet?!?!" feeling throughout the day.

Plus, I have to wear an ID badge on a lanyard everyday at work. I'm on a cruise to get away from things that remind me of work!

2 minutes ago, SPS said:

Wallet. Even though the Sea Pass is all I really need to walk around with while I'm on the ship, it keeps me from having the panic inducing "Where's my wallet?!?!" feeling throughout the day.

I can relate.  I leave my wallet in the room safe while on board.  I find myself tapping on my back pocket to check for the wallet many times during the day.