Hotel for Port Everglades

RRoberts

Looking for recommendations for Hotels near Port Everglades. There is a group of 8 of us needing 4 rooms. We are flying in W Palm Beach since flights were almost $400 cheaper than flying into FFL. Any recommendations for hotels anywhere between W Palm Beach and Port Everglades would be great   Thank you in advance for any suggestions. 

My preference is to get down to Ft. Lauderdale the night before the cruise so you don't have to worry about getting there in the morning before the cruise.  There won't be much of a price difference between hotels in West Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale or any of the cities inbetween as long as you aren't looking to be in the downtown Ft. Lauderdale area or on the beach.  

I've stayed at Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place in the 17th street area of Ft. Lauderdale.  There is a grocery store and several restaurants immediately in walking distance from both.  They also offer shuttles to the port in the morning, but typically I don't want to wait for their schedule and I catch an Uber/Lyft.  It was a $8 Lyft to the port from the Hyatt Place at the beginning of September.  The shuttle from the Hyatt was $7/per person.

How are you planning on getting from the airport to the hotel?  Will you be renting a car/van or using rideshare/taxis?   Uber fare estimator for a regular Uber (4 people with limited luggage) is about $65 for WPB to Ft. Lauderdale; it's $75 for the comfort Uber.  You will likely need several vehicles for a party of 8.  You can one-way car rental it for around $50-$70 per vehicle depending on car size which might be a better option.  Returning the rental car and then ridesharing or catching the free rental car shuttle back to the port is a fairly easy process as well. 

7 hours ago, RRoberts said:

Looking for recommendations for Hotels near Port Everglades. There is a group of 8 of us needing 4 rooms. We are flying in W Palm Beach since flights were almost $400 cheaper than flying into FFL. Any recommendations for hotels anywhere between W Palm Beach and Port Everglades would be great   Thank you in advance for any suggestions. 

What time of year? Season here is back & we are in full swing by Mid October - March. Hotels will be pricy in Fort Lauderdale. Also the Super Bowl is in Miami in February so the spill over will increase prices as well. From a locals prospective, I would advise you to pick a hotel on the 17th Street Causeway corridor. There is plenty of dining options, stores, coffee shops exc and you are within 5 minutes of Port Everglades. Check Hilton Marina or Embassy Suites. 

8 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Not sure when your trip is, but we’re trying a new property for us this November. The Dalmar Ft Lauderdale. It’s a Tribute portfolio property with Marriott. It’s right near Las Olas, so we should finally get to try La Bamba which others on the boards have recommended. 

Cool spot. Great rooftop bar. 

34 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

And only 35k Marriott points, and should be a chance of a suite upgrade certificate clearing. 

La Bamba is an Uber ride away on 17th street. The Dalmar is situated on US1 just N of the new River and Broward Blvd. You can walk to the Foxy Brown which is a nice lunch or dinner spot. Adjacent to Dalmar is a variety of dining options like Colada if you enjoy Cuban food. If your into breweries then your a very short Uber ride to many of the Flagler Village (FAT Village) spots:

Invasive Species, American Icon (great food too!). Awesome craft beer selection at one of my favorite hang outs the laser wolf just over the railroad tracks in FAT village. 

I have tons of suggestions just let me know if you need any help. Enjoy.

Have not stayed yet but I booked Hotel Morrison for January.  Looks new and clean and should do the trick.  Close to the port and was cheaper than a lot of the options others have suggested on here.  Needing 4 rooms and possibly with varying budgets in the group it might be a good option?

14 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Have not stayed yet but I booked Hotel Morrison for January.  Looks new and clean and should do the trick.  Close to the port and was cheaper than a lot of the options others have suggested on here.  Needing 4 rooms and possibly with varying budgets in the group it might be a good option?

Dania beach on US1. If your coming w/ kids Jaxsons ice cream is a must and it’s within walking distance. Grandpas diner is close by too & it’s a good spot for breakfast the am of your cruise. 

25 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Dania beach on US1. If your coming w/ kids Jaxsons ice cream is a must and it’s within walking distance. Grandpas diner is close by too & it’s a good spot for breakfast the am of your cruise. 

Thank You,  we will have our two boys aged 3 and 6 and the entire afternoon the day before the cruise to kill.  Ice Cream will have to happen!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

When we booked the cruise we didn't realize it was weekend before Super Bowl. With that being said the room rates we unbelievable (2 to 3 times more than I was expecting). We settled on the Holiday Inn on 17th St. When I called to book the rooms they asked if I had any points I wanted to use towards the rooms. I forgot about my points and I had enough to book the rooms and still had some left to use on my next cruise. If it wasn't for them asking if I had points the rooms would have cost $262 per room plus taxes for 1 night times 4 rooms. With the savings I was able to book Chops for the group and pre-book a few surprise for the Wife.

The $1.5B Hard Rock Guitar hotel is set to open 10/24 if your in town and want to check it out. 10 min Uber drive from 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. It’s pretty amazing! Booked solid for 18 months after the opening. Amex has blocks of rooms available on the weekends for Centurion card holders.  

B163F482-3E5F-4CE3-A5FF-B2B5130CC109.png

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:00 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

+1 for Hyatt Place on 17th street. Holiday Inn Express on 17th street is also a good options because they have rooms that sleep 6. And they are recently renovated so it’s clean and new there.

We always stay at Hyatt Place! Heading there on Thursday actually for 3 nights pre-cruise!