30% OFF Each cost more than BOGO 50% off

VinceC

1 hour ago, raahc said:

Hello everyone!  Am I reading this right that the only time a price adjustment would work in our favor is to do the math and remove the OBC and other perks to see what you would have saved?  

For example:  $100 OBC - current
Price drop $ 50.00

I would lose the OBC, so not worth it.  In other words, price adjustment has to be far greater than current OBC + perks?

It doesn't have to be far greater, but ideally it should be at least a bit more than the perks to make it worth it. Since Royal mostly gives OBC as the sole perk (not counting things like the perks on a Boardwalk or Central Park balcony room, which at least in this case are being discontinued starting next year), it's pretty easy to figure out if you're doing better taking the new price with adjusted OBC or not.

1 hour ago, raahc said:

Hello everyone!  Am I reading this right that the only time a price adjustment would work in our favor is to do the math and remove the OBC and other perks to see what you would have saved?  

For example:  $100 OBC - current
Price drop $ 50.00

I would lose the OBC, so not worth it.  In other words, price adjustment has to be far greater than current OBC + perks?

Correct.  You must always inquire if re-pricing at prevailing rates impacts any promos, credits and perks you booked on day 1.  

Often it doesn't make sense to re-price if you managed to get a lot of extras included in the original booking.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:00 PM, AshleyDillo said:

This made me chuckle..I just did a mock booking and repriced a 2020 sailing to Alaska that I have.  It's about $500 cheaper on this sale iteration.  I just got a price drop last week as well and this drops it even more.

I think I'm about to drive my TA crazy here.

Ashley you are not driving me crazy... I love saving people money!!

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Royal sales are a joke, the only one that actually saves money is "Kids sail free" otherwise its kinda a scam. I love Royal but its a scam what they do with sales. 

That's a pretty strong statement.  Just because one sale to the next doesn't equate to significant savings compared the last promotion doesn't make it a scam.  

On any given sailing it's very common for half of the ship to have never cruised with Royal or cruised ever.  

Marketing promotions and sales target the majority which are those that have never cruised before.   They aren't booked yet, Royal is trying to entice them into booking.  Experienced cruisers like yourself understand.  Just because you personally didn't save money on each new promotion doesn't make it a scam.  On the contrary it proves you already have the best deal that has been available.

I do mock bookings of our cruises weekly to see if we can reprice and save any money.

Our Jan 2020 sailing on Adventure has never even come close, even choosing interior guarantee.  We booked it at Next Cruise when we were on Mariner in Jan 2019. One of the perks we got at Next Cruise was choosing our room but getting the cheapest price for the category.

However, for our cruise later this week on Vision, we repriced it at least three times (that I remember) and netted almost $200 from our original booking price in Feb 2019.  This is after accounting for obc.

Quite honestly, it's a pita...it was fun at first but quickly lost its glamour.  While we will book at Next Cruise again, we plan to transfer to an agent (yes, we will be using MEI ? )

22 hours ago, teddy said:

Quite honestly, it's a pita...it was fun at first but quickly lost its glamour.  While we will book at Next Cruise again, we plan to transfer to an agent (yes, we will be using MEI ? )

I agree that it is a PITA.  The booking I just repriced went OK.  My agent actually picked up the phone on my first call and made me stay on the line until she found the deal that matched what I had found, and then made me stay on the line until she got through to Royal, repriced us into the new category (and room), and confirmed back to me the new parameters of the booking right then.  I certainly didn't mind waiting on the line for her, as I feel she when out of her way for me.  Here name is Connie Stevens and she was great.  But I really do wish there was a way I could reprice and do all of this with having to bother anyone.  If I could go to a website and just make the changes myself I would just feel better about it.  After all, per policy, we are entitled to make these changes without prejudice.  Now, I kind of cringe when one of bookings go down in price.

• 3 weeks later...