Adventure of the Seas Booked

whitsmom

The Quest on Adventure is held in Studio B (same place as the ice skating rink).  I am not a fan of this location due to the design, but for this ship it is the best option for The Quest.

The 70s party is held on the Promenade which was so much fun because the whole promenade became the dance floor.

Adventure is an amazing ship.  It really is easy to use the stairs more often than having to take the elevator.  We were deck 7.  

My biggest negative with this ship is that when traveling with a group and if you have connecting balconies, the dividers do not come down, like it does with Anthem that sails out of Cape Liberty.

Cape Liberty is great to sail out of since they have it down to a science.  15-20 mins from car to walking on the ship is typical.   The negative for Cape Liberty, and usually Adventure is that you will probably have to go into the outdoor lot attached to the terminal.  Anthem and I think it is Celebrity Summit also sail out of there.  The way they rotate the ships in and out,  those 2 ships usually fill up the covered lot.  

We will be sailing out of there next summer on Oasis.  Decided had to do it since she will only be there for the summer while Anthem is overseas. 

3 hours ago, whitsmom said:

We booked our Fall New England-Canada cruise on the Adventure yesterday for October 2020.  This will be our first out of Port Liberty NJ and on the Adventure.  We are going with 7 to 8 more couples.  Got the last day of the WOW sail too!  Now let the planning begin!

Cruised to New England /Canada in 2017. Loved that trip. Great time of the year to go.

Happy Cruising!

3 hours ago, whitsmom said:

We booked our Fall New England-Canada cruise on the Adventure yesterday for October 2020.  This will be our first out of Port Liberty NJ and on the Adventure.  We are going with 7 to 8 more couples.  Got the last day of the WOW sail too!  Now let the planning begin!

I loved this itinerary on Anthem out of Cape Liberty in 2017. I loved all of the ports and it's such a difference change of scenery over the Caribbean.

I am doing it again October 2020 as well, but this time on Brilliance out of Boston.

4 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

The Quest on Adventure is held in Studio B (same place as the ice skating rink).  I am not a fan of this location due to the design, but for this ship it is the best option for The Quest.

The 70s party is held on the Promenade which was so much fun because the whole promenade became the dance floor.

Adventure is an amazing ship.  It really is easy to use the stairs more often than having to take the elevator.  We were deck 7.  

My biggest negative with this ship is that when traveling with a group and if you have connecting balconies, the dividers do not come down, like it does with Anthem that sails out of Cape Liberty.

Cape Liberty is great to sail out of since they have it down to a science.  15-20 mins from car to walking on the ship is typical.   The negative for Cape Liberty, and usually Adventure is that you will probably have to go into the outdoor lot attached to the terminal.  Anthem and I think it is Celebrity Summit also sail out of there.  The way they rotate the ships in and out,  those 2 ships usually fill up the covered lot.  

We will be sailing out of there next summer on Oasis.  Decided had to do it since she will only be there for the summer while Anthem is overseas. 

Well there are 6 balconies in a row so that stinks that we can't open them up.  Oh well - I don't think that will slow us down any ?....

4 hours ago, whitsmom said:

We will be arriving the day before so where do you stay that is close to port and do any of the hotels have a shuttle to the port?  It looks like we will fly into EWR.

There really isn't a hotel close to the port - it is in an industrial area.  Check out the cluster of hotels just outside Newark airport.  Some do have shuttles, but Uber/Lyft could be cheaper/quicker to port depending on how big your party is.  There is shopping/places to eat close to those hotels as well. 

12 hours ago, ptod said:

There really isn't a hotel close to the port - it is in an industrial area.  Check out the cluster of hotels just outside Newark airport.  Some do have shuttles, but Uber/Lyft could be cheaper/quicker to port depending on how big your party is.  There is shopping/places to eat close to those hotels as well. 

We will have at least 16 people in our group; however, I am not if everyone is coming in the day before or not as we are all from different states and etc.  I guess we will need to do a lot of research.  I am not a "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" person so on to the research I go ?

16 hours ago, whitsmom said:

We will be arriving the day before so where do you stay that is close to port and do any of the hotels have a shuttle to the port?  It looks like we will fly into EWR.

We stayed at the Doubletree Suites in Jersey City before we left out of Cape Liberty.  We just took Lyft/Uber to the hotel from Newark airport and also to the port.  There was a lot within walking distance of the Doubletree including a PATH station to get into NYC.  There was a grocery store a few blocks up and there was a CVS in the nearby mall to pick up anything you needed last minute before the cruise.

I've stayed at the hotels near the Newark airport just didn't appreciate the location as much as there wasn't much in a safe walking distance so you were limited to what the hotel had onsite for restaurants.  But if you had a flight that gets in really late they are reasonable options.

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

We stayed at the Doubletree Suites in Jersey City before we left out of Cape Liberty.  We just took Lyft/Uber to the hotel from Newark airport and also to the port.  There was a lot within walking distance of the Doubletree including a PATH station to get into NYC.  There was a grocery store a few blocks up and there was a CVS in the nearby mall to pick up anything you needed last minute before the cruise.

I've stayed at the hotels near the Newark airport just didn't appreciate the location as much as there wasn't much in a safe walking distance so you were limited to what the hotel had onsite for restaurants.  But if you had a flight that gets in really late they are reasonable options.

That sounds like a good idea.  We are thinking about staying two more nights and going the NYC so the PATH will come in handy too.

36 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

That sounds like a good idea.  We are thinking about staying two more nights and going the NYC so the PATH will come in handy too.

There's a Candlewood, Hyatt Regency, and Westin also in that immediate area..so some other options to research as far as brand preference, price, and amenities.  The area was very clean and safe in the dark.  You could see NYC across the river.  

I have found that I can get better prices using rideshares over hotel shuttles, so that's why we tend to opt to get to/from ports/airports that way.  But taxis were also readily available all over.