Embankment lunch

Danish vikings

Last year my family went on my first cruise going on the Harmony, and although we absolutely loved it I remember the first lunch was so stressful especially at lunch time. This year I am going on the symphony and we are boarding as early as we can as we can’t wait for the cruise to begin. Lunch time will undoubtedly be hectic again, so just wanted to find a reasonable quiet place.What other option do I have apart from the Windjammer? Not interested in going any fancy places as we will be sitting around the pool, and don’t want to change into fancy clothes. Where could I go and do they cost extra?

1 hour ago, Danish vikings said:

Last year my family went on my first cruise going on the Harmony, and although we absolutely loved it I remember the first lunch was so stressful especially at lunch time. This year I am going on the symphony and we are boarding as early as we can as we can’t wait for the cruise to begin. Lunch time will undoubtedly be hectic again, so just wanted to find a reasonable quiet place.What other option do I have apart from the Windjammer? Not interested in going any fancy places as we will be sitting around the pool, and don’t want to change into fancy clothes. Where could I go and do they cost extra?

Park Café in Central Park, Deck 8.  Try the Kummelweck roast beef sandwiches.  Solarium Café is also another option.  Neither requires fancy dress and are usually less crowded than the WJ.  That said, it can depend on what time you board.

2 hours ago, Danish vikings said:

Concur with @DDemuth .  On the Harmony, there is a MiniBites at the top, so if you are at the pool that might be closer.  I haven't check deck plans for Symphony.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/symphony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1856/03

PS.  Symphony has El Loco Fresh instead.

16 hours ago, DDemuth said:

Park Café in Central Park, Deck 8.  Try the Kummelweck roast beef sandwiches.  Solarium Café is also another option.  Neither requires fancy dress and are usually less crowded than the WJ.  That said, it can depend on what time you board.

Do Park Café and save yourself all that anxiety. WJ on embarkation day is nothing I care to do ever again. 

On 9/29/2019 at 3:13 PM, Danish vikings said:

If you have your bathing suits with you, lunch around the pool and a swim, is great on embarkation day. Even if you just want to grab something to eat, the pool deck is a good choice. Usually not too crowded right away, just later after muster drill for sail away party.

Happy Cruising!