Watches

Ok need some input on this. Been on 1 cruise and last time I noticed they have loads of stands selling watches. I am looking to get a new watch and was just wondering if they are any good, are can you find a good deal, or would I find a better deal on any ports I am visiting. I am visiting Rostand, Costa Maya and Cosumel if anyone could recommend a good place to buy a watch, that would be great

I have 20+ watches.  Watch prices are set by the manufacturer and haggling for a deal is difficult.  Watch out (LOL) for the Invicta deals. 75% off sound fantastic but you can score much better deals on EVINE for Invicta .  Perfect example, I have one Invicta that I get many compliments on. (I'll post picture later) I se it on the ship for retail $995.00.  They offer 75% off. so it's about $250.00 out the door with no tax.  sounds great. WELL, I got the exact same watch from EVINE for $70.00...in a set of three watches, all similar style totaling $210.00ish.  I also have a Philip Stein that Diamonds International gave me for free when my wife bought a Mega expensive diamond necklace. Your biggest deal is not paying sales tax. You get decent deals but nothing is a steal.

Go to the shopping seminar they run. My guess is it will be the day before Cozumel. They will walk you though exactly were to go for watches AND most likely offer the entire seminar group a free taxi ride to the shopping area.

1 hour ago, Danish vikings said:

Ok need some input on this. Been on 1 cruise and last time I noticed they have loads of stands selling watches. I am looking to get a new watch and was just wondering if they are any good, are can you find a good deal, or would I find a better deal on any ports I am visiting. I am visiting Rostand, Costa Maya and Cosumel if anyone could recommend a good place to buy a watch, that would be great

Follow the advice of @Flacruiser99 and check the prices for the watches that interest you in advance.  We had a recent experience at Cozumel, and despite having coupons and haggling, we paid more in the store (Diamonds International) than we would have paid online in the US for identical items.