Costa Maya

YoungEmptyNesters

My wife and I will be on our 2nd RCCL sailing in March. Looking for excursion ideas for Costa Maya. We are already booked at Mr Sanchos for Cozumel so not looking for that type of excursion. Thought about the Beginner Scuba Diving but not sure. Any feedback on Scuba or other possible excursions would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, YoungEmptyNesters said:

My wife and I will be on our 2nd RCCL sailing in March. Looking for excursion ideas for Costa Maya. We are already booked at Mr Sanchos for Cozumel so not looking for that type of excursion. Thought about the Beginner Scuba Diving but not sure. Any feedback on Scuba or other possible excursions would be appreciated!

We enjoyed Chacchoben a few years ago.  Earlier this month we visited Lake Bacalar (raft trip) and found it too tame.  I like Mayan ruins, so that's my bias. 

We've done a segway excursion a couple times.  Takes you to the lighthouse then down the beach on a paved path.  Its ok, you go through some of the tourists areas and will stop at the beach where you can get something to eat and drink.  For the trip back, if you're lucky, you can take the segways.  We were the last on one trip and got to ride them all the way back.  If not they pay for a taxi back to the port.  It was something different.

20 minutes ago, arebee said:

We've done a segway excursion a couple times.  Takes you to the lighthouse then down the beach on a paved path.  Its ok, you go through some of the tourists areas and will stop at the beach where you can get something to eat and drink.  For the trip back, if you're lucky, you can take the segways.  We were the last on one trip and got to ride them all the way back.  If not they pay for a taxi back to the port.  It was something different.

Good to hear from you, arebee.  It’s been a while !

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Good to hear from you, arebee.  It’s been a while !

I know, been stalking here and reading the live blogs.  Been over a year since my last cruise and that was a Holland American to Alaska.  Just been to crazy lately.  Retired, remodel parts of the house, now have 5 grandkids and one the forks on my motorcycle has a bad seal.  Oh well... Life goes on.