Drink package price

basil

14 hours ago, Jill said:

Watch for Black Friday 

To be clear, Black Friday doesn’t guarantee a 30% off promo on the drink package. While I got some truly great deals on some items in the Cruise Planner last Black Friday for my Anthem sailing that leaves this October, the drink package was only offered with BOGO50, not 30% off. I didn’t see a single 30% off sale for the drink package until a week or two ago, and by that point Royal had raised the onboard price by a lot, making the 30% off price no better than the prior BOGO50 pricing.

The drink package is truly one of those items you have to check at least once a week, preferably a few times a week, all the way up until sail date. And be prepared for it to never reach a price you’re happy with; that’s what happened with me, so now I’m bringing my allowed 2 bottles of wine and buying the rest of my alcoholic beverages a la carte; non-alcoholic will be covered by the Refreshment Package that I bought on Black Friday at a crazy good rate as a safeguard.

Done with the drink package, it's straight up gouging and constant attempts at trickery in wording just pisses me off.      So after all taxed gratituities etc,   it's 500 a person for a 7 day cruise, however it's really more like. 5 1/2 to 6 days. 3 of which are off ship half day,   I never thought I'd say it. But drinking fatigue is real,   you find yourself drinking when you don't feel like it just to justify the cost,   we drink a fair amount, fairly regularly,  and still can't break even.   We've done the package a few times,  but the cost just outweighs the, don't have to think about it mentality swipe swipe.  A normal bar tab when we go out is a Hundred bucks.   We don't rack that up ten times onboard  

3 hours ago, Timc1976 said:

So after all taxed gratituities etc,   it's 500 a person for a 7 day cruise, however it's really more like. 5 1/2 to 6 days. 3 of which are off ship half day,

Yup, this is part of the complication in working out how easily you can break even at a given price. @Grenadyr created a very handy utility for helping to figure that out, here's the link to the topic: