Late Dinner vs MTD? Showtimes?

Jetty1441

Hello There!

My husband and I just booked a cruise for April 18 on Independence of the Seas - SOOO EXCITED! We picked 8:30pm dining...  I felt like it was a little late but thought, well that gives us enough time to get back from port, take a nap and get ready for the night. Plus, if we are ready earlier then we can just go grab drinks at Boleros (Coconut Mojito is my absolut favorite). Anyways, now I am not sure if it was the best idea.

We went on Quantum back in November 2014 and did MTD, which we loved, but here it was a little different because their wasn't really a "main dinning room" so we usually ate at about 7:30pm. I liked eating at 7:30pm and going to the show after but missed getting to know our servers. So anyways... what should we do... MTD or 8:30pm dining?

Also, we enjoy going to the shows after dinner so what times are the shows?

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Thank you!

BB

If you look at the top of the page, you'll see a link to Cruise Compasses, so you can get more specific information there. Generally speaking, if there is only one show, it is at about 7 to fit between both dinning times and then 6-7 and 8:30-9 when there are two shows. A late night show then follows at about 10:30.

Agreed with DocLC - I was on Indy a couple of weeks ago, and it seems that many shows started around 7ish followed with a late night show. If you're worried about being flexible, you can always switch to MTD and make reservations based on the schedule each day. Otherwise, if you talk to your waiter, they should be able to help you get to a show on time. 

Just got back in on Freedom this morning. Generally two shows at 7 and 9 and occasionally a late night (adult oriented) show at 10:30 each evening. We did MTD each evening between 7-7:30 and never had a problem getting a seat for the show at 9. We too like a cocktail (or two!) before dinner so that schedule worked well for both of us. Enjoy your trip!