Perfect Day CocoCay

rickyz23

The beach beds are amazing.  They are located right by a tram stop.  They will give you a wristlet to wear that day.  I don't know now how with the Perfect day how it works (we did Cabanas on our cruise), but that was the old system.  IE for a cabana the night before there is a map left in your cabin.  You go to that location and there is an attendant station where they give you the wristlet and check you in to your assigned bed.

The beach beds are great for one main reason in my eyes.  They have sheer curtains on the sides.  This is great because if you want some shade, than you can just use the curtain to block the direct sun.  If there is a little wind and it is chilly you can again use it to block the wind, making it less chilly.  One of our cruises was the 1st week of November.  It was cool in the a.m., and there was a slight breeze.  We used the sheer curtains on both sides to block out the breeze.  By 11 a.m. the sun was out and it was warm, so we pulled them back.   We are beach people, my hubby loves to snorkel.  This option was heaven to him, bc he would come back exhausted from swimming in the ocean and lay down to take a nap on their amazing beds.  He was out within 5 mins.  Caveat we did this when it was the old Coco Cay, so I don't know if the beds are now different.  However, in July when we did the cabanas we passed the beds, and they looked to be the exact same as they were before Perfect day.

FWIW, just like upgrading your cabin, once you do it, it is hard to go back to the lower level.  IE there are tons of free loungers with umbrellas, but than when you go clamshell you think oh this is great for a few more bucks.  Clamshells sell out, so you go to the beach bed. Wow, this is nirvana.  Now, the next cruise you have done all 3.  It is hard to go back to the free loungers with umbrellas, at least that is true for my hubby and I 90% of the time.  The 10% comes down to availability and cost.  

Be sure to note the location you want the beach bed in as well!  I just noticed today that a full day beach bed rental we booked a month or so ago wasn't specific in the title; just today I saw they advertised South Beach Beds available, and that's what we thought we had, because that's what we had last year. Apparently ours is booked for a Chill Island beach bed, they have them in multiple locations now. Maybe everyone knew that, but today when I saw that, it was new to me. I had just always assumed South Beach for these, and South Beach only.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:32 PM, nhilding10 said:

Be sure to note the location you want the beach bed in as well!  I just noticed today that a full day beach bed rental we booked a month or so ago wasn't specific in the title; just today I saw they advertised South Beach Beds available, and that's what we thought we had, because that's what we had last year. Apparently ours is booked for a Chill Island beach bed, they have them in multiple locations now. Maybe everyone knew that, but today when I saw that, it was new to me. I had just always assumed South Beach for these,and South Beach only.

I have been checking the Cruise Planner daily.  They just added the South Beach Beach Beds for our November 2019 Harmony cruise too. We had already booked the Chill Island ones.  Now trying to figure out if we want to change.  Does anyone know if the beach is better on chill island or south beach?

On 9/27/2019 at 9:04 PM, aubtfan said:

I have been checking the Cruise Planner daily.  They just added the South Beach Beach Beds for our November 2019 Harmony cruise too. We had already booked the Chill Island ones.  Now trying to figure out if we want to change.  Does anyone know if the beach is better on chill island or south beach?

Especially for a Nov 2019 cruise I would keep your chill island ones to be safe. South Beach isn’t technically scheduled for remodel completion until January 2020. If they are selling beach beds for that area it’s possible it will be open in time,  but I wouldn’t want to chance it being cancelled last minute. 

On 9/26/2019 at 4:32 PM, nhilding10 said:

Be sure to note the location you want the beach bed in as well!  I just noticed today that a full day beach bed rental we booked a month or so ago wasn't specific in the title; just today I saw they advertised South Beach Beds available, and that's what we thought we had, because that's what we had last year. Apparently ours is booked for a Chill Island beach bed, they have them in multiple locations now. Maybe everyone knew that, but today when I saw that, it was new to me. I had just always assumed South Beach for these, and South Beach only.

I noticed this change in our cruise planner also.  Before there was only one option now there are two.

On 9/27/2019 at 7:51 AM, Brenna said:

South Beach is currently closed while they finish off the Beach Club and what not

I believe they have for now moved the Beds to Chill, but no word on if they will go back to SB or stay put 

Can report back in a few days after our visit on Monday!!!!! 

@Brenna hope you had a great trip was wondering if you had a update on the beach beds?

@rickyz23it was a great trip! we had beach beds on Chill, they were in the corner alcove on the top left of the map 

This ended up being the windiest part of the island which was a little annoying but otherwise we had a great day

All advertised amenities, wonderful service and beautiful water 

The beds were spaced to give everyone privacy and a view of the water, only 3 rows deep