Crown and Anchor question

Clay Purvis

I am just getting started cruising and want to make a go of moving up the levels of the C&A program. My question is do I and my wife have to each have a C&A membership number? Or can we both be on the same number? Right now our boarding pass for our next cruise is showing my gold status but not showing anything on here. Once we do eventually get to the point where we get some real benefits, I want to make sure we can both enjoy them. 

1 hour ago, Clay Purvis said:

I am just getting started cruising and want to make a go of moving up the levels of the C&A program. My question is do I and my wife have to each have a C&A membership number? Or can we both be on the same number? Right now our boarding pass for our next cruise is showing my gold status but not showing anything on here. Once we do eventually get to the point where we get some real benefits, I want to make sure we can both enjoy them. 

When your wife enrolls and sets up her log-in to the Crown and Anchor Society, she may want to use a separate e-mail account.  The default is that only one password can be associated with a given e-mail address, which becomes the user name.  So with two accounts and passwords, you'll want two usernames.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/signin?default=false&cS=MHDR

Note that it is also possible to use a mobile phone.  I don't use smart phones, but I wanted to give you a heads-up as you move forward.

Another reason you want to have a C&A account/number for your wife is so you each get a set of rewards/discounts applied to your SeaPass card.  Sure things like "Buy one drink get one half off" aren't going to save you tons of money, but you might as well be able to do it twice!  It only costs a couple minutes of your time to make sure you both have C&A numbers.

13 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

When your wife enrolls and sets up her log-in to the Crown and Anchor Society, she may want to use a separate e-mail account.  The default is that only one password can be associated with a given e-mail address, which becomes the user name.  So with two accounts and passwords, you'll want two usernames.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/signin?default=false&cS=MHDR

Note that it is also possible to use a mobile phone.  I don't use smart phones, but I wanted to give you a heads-up as you move forward.

Both my mother & I are enrolled in C&A, & we both have our own member #, but only I have a have an online account & when we first started cruising in 2014 I had created an online account with my name as the account holder and with my C&A member # & once the account was created I was able to add my mother onto my C&A account using her name and member #, so that only 1 person has a cruise planner account.

15 hours ago, Clay Purvis said:

My question is do I and my wife have to each have a C&A membership number? Or can we both be on the same number?

YOU CANT GAVE THE SAME C&A NUMBER BECAUSE RC DOES NOT ALLOW MULTIPLE PEOPLE TO HAVE THE EXACT SAME C&A #. You each have to have a C&A member # if you both want to enjoy the same benefits like a free day of internet (when purchased onboard durning the cruise),  bogo drinks when you are high enough in the C&A program and at any level of the C&A program you will discounts on RC merchandise that is purchased in the RC shop onboard any ship that has the ship name or company logo anywhere on the item, expect for items that are purchased in the Royal promenade when the ship has an end of cruise sale  

17 hours ago, JLMoran said:

As your wife, she should automatically get the same C&A level that you have, even if you started cruising before she became your wife and got some loyalty status. If you call C&A they can fix that for you, if she's not reflecting the same level as you.

Is there any time requirement for a spouse or partner, if not legally married?

3 hours ago, Clay Purvis said:

Thanks y'all. I got her set up and we will see if we can do enough cruises to get anywhere on the rewards program.  If it were up to me, we'd take every vacation on a cruise.  She likes them, too, but I think I'm the addict. 

Usually the way it goes.....one enjoys it..and the other person is addicted......guilty here!

I do not think it is only the same address it is how many cruises they have accompanied you on ....Let your wife know to send details of past cruises ie past booking nos to Crown and Anchor via email with a request for a separate no for herself ,she can be linked to your email account also if she wants .so you both can have fun on the same cruise planner...by the way be sure you put both nos in when filling in your document pre cruise so you both get the perks

Ok, so I have her set up with an account. It shows our upcoming cruise on her account.  But it will not show or boarding passes anymore. Even if I try to look at them through my account.  I assumed that this was because they had to change hers, but it has been almost a week.  Is this normal?

Not sure..I called today to get my girlfriends status updated to same as mine. I went back in and re-printed the set sail pass with both our status's correct. They told me it could take 24 hrs but.....

Now, if only the luggage tags would update..still showing gold for both of us..:34_rolling_eyes:

35 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Now, if only the luggage tags would update..still showing gold for both of us..:34_rolling_eyes:

You luggage tags will not automatically update.  They are "static" once your cruise docs are published.  If you want new luggage tags (and I don't blame you, if you do !), call Royal (or your TA) and ask them to re-issue your cruise docs.  Then your luggage tags will update.