Spa

I keep asking questions - guess I am just super excited for my upcoming cruise on the symphony end of October.

2 questions;

Can you prebook spa treatments and if so how much cheaper are they when pre booked?

Can I ask for several starters at dinner time when eating at my time and at any of the other restaurants? Or is that being greedy?

17 minutes ago, Danish vikings said:

I keep asking questions - guess I am just super excited for my upcoming cruise on the symphony end of October.

2 questions;

Can you prebook spa treatments and if so how much cheaper are they when pre booked?

Can I ask for several starters at dinner time when eating at my time and at any of the other restaurants? Or is that being greedy?

I've not done any spa treatments on board, but from what I gather there are usually better deals to be found booking those on board, especially on port days.

Order to your heart's content in the MDR... specialty restaurants may depend on if they are a la carte or not...

Have a great trip!!

37 minutes ago, Danish vikings said:

I don't know much about spa treatments but I can definitely help you with dining questions, especially at the MDR.  From the Starters Menu, I usually order a soup, a salad, the shrimp cocktail and escargot.  I've ordered 3-4 servings of the shrimp cocktail and probably 2-3 escargot, in one sitting.  So YES ... you can ask for several starters.

... and that's not limited to Starters!  You can order more than one of the entrees.   My waiter got tired of me ordering one lobster at a time on Lobster Night, he just brought me four without the sides and fancy plating!?    I sure hope I wasn't being greedy!

1427398599_IMG_48072.thumb.JPG.527a2f48e21ed5af6f4aa6ec66130183.JPG

6 hours ago, Danish vikings said:

2 questions;

Regarding food, just remember there is always plenty of it on every ship.  Yes you can order more in the MDR, but you'll want dessert, and there are multiple places on the ship that tempt you with snacks, so unless you want to gain 15 lbs, you will find that some discretion is helpful (and healthy).  I try sampling things rather than eating "the whole thing"--the entire serving---, and you can experience dishes you don't normally have at home.  Have a great cruise!

8 hours ago, Danish vikings said:

2 questions;

Yes to both ?’s

22 hours ago, Danish vikings said:

Yes, you can prebook. Royal Caribbean says how much (if any) discount there is to prebook. In my opinion, the prices to prebook spa appointments are roughly the same whether booked online or onboard.

22 hours ago, Danish vikings said:

Not at all, I do it all the time.

@Danish vikings

I always pre-book my spa days.  The reason is simple, they SELL OUT for specific times, especially on sea days.  I have found that you can get a good price on board, but you have to take the time that is available.  We have been to Nassau enough at this point where we get off for an hr or 2 and than get back on the ship.  This is when I have found it is cheaper to book on board.  

• On my last cruise, my SILs and I booked fire and ice pedis through the cruise planner for a sea day.  1 of my SILs decided she wanted to get her nails done and popped in the day prior.  The passenger in front of her decided last minute to try and get her nails done at the same time as our pedi.  The reception desk, said sorry we are completely booked.  My SIL when she got to the desk, she said never mind, I overheard you and I too wanted to get my nails done while I was doing my pedi at that time.  They turned and said, oh don't worry we will slide you in since you already have an appointment.  Before you do the AGHAST face regarding RCCL, it is important to understand that RCCL contracts out the spa.  They are not RCCL employees.  

I eat to live, but on our last cruise with my hubby's family they live to eat.  I swear I was full just listening to their order.  Every in-law on our cruise, be it in the MDR or specialties ordered every night, an appetizer, a soup, a salad, an entrée and dessert.  The waitstaff in both the specialty and MDR also brought out another entrée to share family style.  We ate at Chops 2x for that cruise, had the same waitress, knowing them, when she took our order, she said: How about I just bring out every dessert on the menu and you all share?  The table was loaded with everything from Key Lime pie to Red Velvet Cake to Ice Cream, we had problems finding places to lay the plates of desserts on to the table.

I have also cruised with my family (eat to live) and they only do the MDR.  The waitstaff again was amazing.  My cousin can only eat fish (medical reason)  Our waiter after the 1st night knowing this, brought out multiple apps that he could eat and we as a family could share.  Some were not on the menu.  

As I stated I eat to live.  1st night the staff thought I didn't like what I ordered because I did not eat a lot of the dish.  Without prompting he brought me a new app.  Repeat with the entrée.  My husband was forced to eat it.  My husband said, this is just her...she can't even finish a happy meal from Mickey Ds, please don't bring more because I am forced to eat it.  The wait staff was amazing.  He said okay...what can I do?  

Lastly since it appears you are new to RCCL, a must is on a sea day have lunch in the MDR.   You will not be disappointed.  The way it works is you can order off the menu and do their buffet.  They will have specialty pasta stations, but more importantly they will have what is called the TUTTI SALAD.  The salad is a chopped salad where you tell them what you want in it, including dressings.  The lunch menu is amazing has everything from burgers to spinach gnocchi.  The buffet area has desserts galore.  The most important aspect is if you have an early dinner seating and you go at 1, you might be too full to eat dinner.