Carry on question

redraider629

3 minutes ago, redraider629 said:

Hello all, we will have a carry on bag with our sodas in it, that is a little on the heavy side.  We really don't want to lug that thing around until our rooms are ready.  My question is, can we leave it outside our room until it is ready once we get on board?

Unfortunately, no.  The doors to the stateroom hallways are closed so there is no access to the hallway.

7 minutes ago, redraider629 said:

Hello all, we will have a carry on bag with our sodas in it, that is a little on the heavy side.  We really don't want to lug that thing around until our rooms are ready.  My question is, can we leave it outside our room until it is ready once we get on board?

find yourself a nice carry on sized bag with 360 degree wheels

9 minutes ago, redraider629 said:

Hello redraider,

Welcome to the message boards. Feel free to ask away with any questions you may have. There is a wealth of knowledge here. 

Regarding your heavy carry on, have you considered signing up for The Key? One of the benefits is once on board, you drop your carry on off at a  designated location and it will be delivered to your room well before you get there. We had the Key this past April on the Anthem and it was nice dropping off our back packs and wine carrier (two bottles of wine) so we could roam round this ship. :27_sunglasses:

20 minutes ago, rjac said:

it was nice dropping off our back packs and wine carrier

Oy! Thanks for mentioning this! Just bought a pair of lightweight 2-bottle neoprene carriers on Amazon so I'm set for both my Anthem sailing next month and also next year's sailing, when I'll need both for the four bottles I can bring (two rooms booked). Getting both at once also got me over the mark for free (slow) shipping. ?

17 minutes ago, flamtapgt said:

Can I still bring two wines per stateroom if one of our staterooms is for my kids (ages 12,15,18)?

Or is it only for staterooms with somebody 21 or over? 

Thanks! 

flamtap 

Technically, it should be per cabin with a person over 21 in it. However, many have brought on an additional two bottles for a cabin with only minors and simply said if asked, "We're in two cabins" and it was let through without any more fuss.

I'll be fully prepared to have an especially rigorous / strict security staffer be the one to question me; if they demand to see my set sail passes (or whatever X calls their version of them) and say "I only see adults in one cabin, so two bottles only", well... I'll be leaving two bottles of wine with the port security staff in that case. I'll just make sure to leave them with the cheapest two bottles. ?

3 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I'll be fully prepared to have an especially rigorous / strict security staffer be the one to question me; if they demand to see my set sail passes (or whatever X calls their version of them) and say "I only see adults in one cabin, so two bottles only", well... I'll be leaving two bottles of wine with the port security staff in that case. I'll just make sure to leave them with the cheapest two bottles. ?

This is a great example of "hope for the best, plan for the worst".  Everyone should have such realistic expectations.

8 hours ago, flamtapgt said:

Can I still bring two wines per stateroom if one of our staterooms is for my kids (ages 12,15,18)?

Or is it only for staterooms with somebody 21 or over? 

Thanks! 

flamtap 

Here is where having one adult and one minor in each stateroom gives you an advantage. Once on board, you can switch to whichever arrangement you like.

1 minute ago, redraider629 said:

We have a rolling carry on, so we will just lug it around for a bit

In the past I have had very heavy carry on bags and have just walked my happy behind to my cabin and dropped it in the cabin (Seapass was given beforehand) My steward was cleaning and told me I should not have been there. He really didn't care. I just put the 5 carry on bags (Royal Family Suite - 8 People) in the closet an walked back to the Prominade.  is it right...no.  Can you do it...sure.