Gym Showers on Indy

Marmaduke

Hello again, Our cruise is getting close! YIPPEE..... and I am starting to pack.  I always seem to pack way too much toiletries so I have a question regarding the showers at the Gym.  My husband and I will probably go to the Gym most days so we are thinking we'd possibly be best showering at the gym as this will mean that only the kids will need to shower in the stateroom and will ease the chaos!.   

Do you know if the Gym Showers are "mixed" or are the ladies and gents separate?  I'd like to know if my husband and I will need a bag each with shower gels etc or if we will get away with one set of toiletries as we will be in the same showers.  Thank you!  (we are sailing on Indy)

4 hours ago, markm said:

Are there lockers in the changing rooms, if so do you need to provide you own lock

There are a.limited number of lockers available, the steam rooms on Indy are on deck 11 but you ave to go to the Spa main reception on deck 12 and ask for padlock and key. They will swap the padlock for your sea pass card which you will get back when you return the padlock and key.

21 hours ago, F1guynz said:

We are currently on Independence and I can confirm they are definitely separate.

There are six showers in the men’s changing room / sauna / steam room. All but one are cold water only.

Cold water???!!! ?

How is your cruise going? This is our first cruise and we are VERY excited (and slightly apprehensive) due to reading reviews about over crowding ?

Would love to hear any feedback or tips you may have. Thank you

Hi,

Our cruise finishes tomorrow and we have had a great time. I think overcrowding is more related to the time you cruise. If you are on board when school holidays are on then the wait times can be longer.

We have had no issues with overcrowding on this cruise, I was just able to walk up to the prefect storm and use it when I wanted. Same with the Sky pad. The gym was never busy so had plenty of treadmills to pick from. The pool deck did get busy on warm days but we don’t use them so it was not as issue for us. Not sure when they got busy.

we never had any problems finding a seat at Windjammers when we ate there.

If you want good seats for the ice show or Grease then go a bit earlier or if you are in a Suite the seats for both these venues are excellent. (If you don’t have a Suite and not all the seats in this area are not taken linger around the area about 10 minutes before the show starts and they will open the remaining seats to everyone. You should be able to nab one then)

I am sure you will have a great time on your first cruise and will immediately want to book another one, that’s what happened to us.

1 hour ago, F1guynz said:

Hi,

Our cruise finishes tomorrow and we have had a great time. I think overcrowding is more related to the time you cruise. If you are on board when school holidays are on then the wait times can be longer.

We have had no issues with overcrowding on this cruise, I was just able to walk up to the prefect storm and use it when I wanted. Same with the Sky pad. The gym was never busy so had plenty of treadmills to pick from. The pool deck did get busy on warm days but we don’t use them so it was not as issue for us. Not sure when they got busy.

we never had any problems finding a seat at Windjammers when we ate there.

If you want good seats for the ice show or Grease then go a bit earlier or if you are in a Suite the seats for both these venues are excellent. (If you don’t have a Suite and not all the seats in this area are not taken linger around the area about 10 minutes before the show starts and they will open the remaining seats to everyone. You should be able to nab one then)

I am sure you will have a great time on your first cruise and will immediately want to book another one, that’s what happened to us.

Thank you so much! Everyone is great on this site and without it I would have been completely clueless. We are not in a suite so thank you for the tip! I didn't realise that there were different seating areas. 

Great to hear you've had no crowding issues. We are travelling out with school holidays so hopefully will also be fine. Thanks again.