Things to do in St. Thomas?

Smokeater639

Hoping i can get some of the great advice that everyone seems to get when they have a question.  I will be in St. Thomas over the Thanksgiving holiday this year (Oasis of the Seas). Most of my traveling family will be snorkeling with the turtles, and BBQ that royal has in the cruise planner. I'm not much of a snorkeler, so I'm looking for something else to do. Nothing in the cruise planner has caught my eye. My daughter (27 yrs) and I will be on our own. Hoping to get some advice about what to do. We love food, so any restraunt suggestions? Distillery tours would also be welcome. Are most things walkable from the dock? Thanks in advance!!

If you're into a beach break, Magen's Bay was beautiful and easily accessible by open-air taxi in the port. $10pp/way, also $5 adult entry to Magen's. Beautiful beach, no waves with a restaurant/bar and beach waiter service. Highly recommend packing a small float for ultimate water relaxation! 

IMG_9900.thumb.jpeg.ff90068bece57c1a8111a6ba302cd2d9.jpeg

On 9/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, Smokeater639 said:

Hoping i can get some of the great advice that everyone seems to get when they have a question.  I will be in St. Thomas over the Thanksgiving holiday this year (Oasis of the Seas). Most of my traveling family will be snorkeling with the turtles, and BBQ that royal has in the cruise planner. I'm not much of a snorkeler, so I'm looking for something else to do. Nothing in the cruise planner has caught my eye. My daughter (27 yrs) and I will be on our own. Hoping to get some advice about what to do. We love food, so any restraunt suggestions? Distillery tours would also be welcome. Are most things walkable from the dock? Thanks in advance!!

There is taking a ferry to St. John and going to the National Park, etc.  Tried to do that once but our excursion was cancelled.

• 1 month later...

Meagan's Bay is beautiful & you'll see much of the island riding a taxi to it. Ferry to St. John to visit Trunk Bay. Our favorite excursion is thru VI Ecotours. It's 3 activities include an easy kayak thru the mangroves, a hike (it's a walk) to a beautiful edge of the island then a short snorkel session. You could stay on the beach. Then you kayak back. Sometimes this excursion is on the planner. If not you can book thru VI Ecotours. It's also a short drive so you'd see a bit of the island. I haven't been since the hurricane.

• 2 weeks later...