If you could choose 1 specialty dining-Mariner

devbak150

We are sailing on the Mariner in Dec.  It is a me and mom cruise.  She has never cruised so we are doing MDR for most of it, but thought about a specialty night.  What would you choose Izumi, Chops, or Jamie's???  Also, how does it work, I can't seem to figure out exactly what you get for the cost.  One app, one entrée and desert?  What if you want more of something like in the MDR?  Thanks!

Didn't try the other two but we had a great meal at Chops on Mariner (whereas we were disappointed with the same restaurant on Symphony).  DH and kids had steak and I had Shrimp. All excellent.

At Chops, you get one entree, as many appetizers you want, shareable sides and as many desserts as you want (apparently, we stuck with 1 app and 1 dessert).

If I can go off the beaten path here -- Since you're looking for just one specialty dining night, could I recommend Chef's Table for the two of you as something to really make it a special trip? That will give you a fantastic night to remember and an incredible meal! Only caveat is that you need to both enjoy wine.