Promenade Rooms

We personally like the promenade rooms,the higher up,the better, at least level 7 if not 8. We have stayed in them 3 times on the freedom and I enjoy the light in the room and sitting and watching the parade from them. You can on ocassion hear the music if you are in one of the middle rooms, but I have never been kept awake from the noise.

5 hours ago, Dan Curtis said:

We personally like the promenade rooms,the higher up,the better, at least level 7 if not 8. We have stayed in them 3 times on the freedom and I enjoy the light in the room and sitting and watching the parade from them. You can on ocassion hear the music if you are in one of the middle rooms, but I have never been kept awake from the noise.

Agree with Dan, deck 7 or above. We did hear some noise on 70's night, but we slept pretty well for all 7 nights. Cabin 7555.

We like the promenade rooms partly because of the price, partly because it's fun to look out over the promenade and partly because the layout makes them feel quite spacious. We have only ever been inconvenienced by noise once and that was on Navigator, #7279, which in the middle, right opposite the pub. On a couple of evenings the live music went on until well after midnight and we could hear it. On other occasions we have been towards the end and have never been bothered.

We got one on our Alaskan Cruise on Explorer last Sept. We liked it...Especially our 9 month old did. He was able to sit on the seating area and just watch the world go by without us worrying like we would with an actual balcony.  The noise factor is very minimal during that dance parties they have on the Prominade.

Promenade are a great alternative to standard interior as they are typically bigger (depends on the ship) and you get a window with extra seating.  They tend to be ok for noise with the exception of say one night when they hold one of their parties. We obviously prefer balcony but for the savings, we do sometimes book a promenade.