Symphony Room 12329 Pictures / Opinions

ajmp5

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had balcony pictures from room 12329 on Symphony or a similar ship?  I wanted to see how much the obstruction on the balcony is to the really is and see if it would be worthwhile to change to a ocean view balcony or ocean view with large balcony with royal up once (if) available.

Opinions are always welcome!

Thanks for your help once again!

3 hours ago, ajmp5 said:

Thanks for the additional pictures. MarvinS any complaints with the room / location?

No complaints at all...  It just gets to be a bit of a longer walk down the hallway as it is clear to the end!  Of course, I can always use the exercise!!!

The room is actually very quiet, especially being at the end of the hallway.  We never heard activity in the hallway.  I was traveling with extended family, and we occupied the last 5 rooms on that boardwalk side.  We were able to have the room steward open up all of the doors between our balconies, so we could all move freely between our rooms via the balconies.  This worked well for checking on the kids without having to use room keys from the hallway.

The floor level location worked well, too.  We had great visibility out the back with the least obstruction from the Abyss slide.  it was also easy to just take the stairs up a couple of floors to the activities deck.  We loved being on this floor.  We never heard any noise from the activities deck, either.

I also had this same room (12329 for me; actually the same 5 rooms on that boardwalk side for our entire group) on the Oasis of the Seas when we sailed on her in May 2017.  Oasis didn't have any Abyss slide, so the views were even less obstructed.  I liked it well enough in 2017, that I booked those exact same matching rooms on Harmony the day bookings became available in November 2017 for my Harmony sailing in May 2019!

1 hour ago, ajmp5 said:

One final question, would you take a ocean view balcony  over the neighborhood balcony?  Or you don't have a point of reference?

As this trip in May 2019 was only my 4th cruise, I haven't yet stayed in an ocean view balcony.  My first two cruises were interior rooms, and my last two were the boardwalk balconies (Oasis & Harmony in 12329).  Honestly, what helped make that decision was the extra perks that the boardwalk rooms USED to provide, but are now no longer offered on new reservations.  We certainly took advantage of the soda packages and Johnny Rockets meals (especially with 5 teenagers with our group).  Purchasing the soda packages for several of us (none of us drink alcohol) would have certainly cost us several hundred dollars more, and would have caused me to at least consider looking a little more at other options.  I don't know if it would have been enough to change room types, but I would have at least given it a little more thought regarding pricing overall.

We also very much enjoyed being able to watch the various shows in the Aquatheatre multiple times right from our balcony over the week long cruise.  That would not have been possible from an ocean view room.  It was also fun to see the other various activities (music/band playing, carousel, watching the kids zipline past, etc.) happening in the boardwalk area, along with just people-watching occasionally.  We certainly enjoyed it, and would absolutely consider a boardwalk room again (yes, even without the perks).

Granted, the ocean view balcony would certainly provide much more privacy...

I'll be in an ocean view balcony in June 2020 on a B2B on Freedom (same room both cruises!), so I will have a little more experience to compare the two types.