Ovation Goes South to Hawaii Sept. 20, 2019

twangster

On 9/30/2019 at 7:48 PM, twangster said:

fxaYWcA.jpg

Love that the excursion gave you jackets for Haleakala, I have been up there before in shorts and a tank top like an idiot and shivered till about halfway back down. 

Also! You captured a shot of my all-time favorite catamaran. I love Na Hoku II in Waikiki but the Trilogy is the best around. I have made it a point to sail with them every time I have been to Maui - I was even on board for my 21st birthday! They take you over to Lana'i so I count it as one of the Hawaiian chain visited. Now I need just need Molokai! A Kalaupapa hike is on my ultimate bucket list. (I don't think non-locals are able to see Ni'ihau) 

Thanks so much for all the sexy cloud pics! You are the best at those. 

6 hours ago, Sweety said:

Thank you for this interesting and beautiful blog. This cruise is definitely on my bucket list. How many lenses did you take?

Too many lenses :)

However for bucket list cruises I tend to go overboard with my photo gear even though I tend to accommodate 95% of my photography desires using an ultra wide angle lens on my mirrorless combined with the pocket camera telephoto capabilities.    

Twangster,

My Husband and I really enjoyed your fascinating blog through the Hawaiian Islands.  We have been before but you have brought to our attention several more must dos so a repeat is definitely on our bucket list again up towards the top!  Ha!  Thanks for reminding us that the sunrises and sunsets through your gorgeous pics are the most beautiful we have ever seen, but we haven't been all over the world either!  Michelle

• 3 years later...
On 9/22/2019 at 1:37 PM, twangster said:

Time to bring you all up to speed, or at least up to date.

It's Day 3 here on Ovation but now that we've entered into our sea day phase I have some time to play catch up.  Unlike some other users who post in this section of the forum, I chose not to start this thread one year before sailing.  

Ten nights Vancouver, BC, Canada to Honolulu, HI.

Day 1 - Vancouver

Day 2 - Seattle

Day 3 - 6 - Sea Day

Day 7 - Cruising Napali Coast

Day 8/9 - Overnight in Maui

Day 10 - Kona

Day 11 - Debark in Honolulu

I flew into Vancouver the day before on September 19 and stayed at the Hilton Vancouver Airport.  It's significantly cheaper staying out by the airport compared to downtown.  I thought about going over to the Lions Gate Bridge for Ovation's arrival into Vancouver but low tide was around 4am when it would pass under the bridge so I stayed in bed.  

I'm not going to post everything in real time for this cruise but will drop in from time to time to post or show some pictures if anything interesting comes up.    

Would you have the pictures available somewhere else? interested to see them for my upcoming cruise with similar stops.

6 hours ago, Celus said:

Would you have the pictures available somewhere else? interested to see them for my upcoming cruise with similar stops.

At this point probably not.  It's a lot of work to fix each post and point the pictures somewhere else.   I get nothing for these pictures, blogging or paying to host the pictures somewhere so there isn't a lot of incentive to fix them.

However the blog now has a number of paid employees who will no doubt sail to Hawaii soon and when they do I am confident there will be blogs, posts and pictures!