Are they benefits for early check-in?

WilsonLok

Ummm, @WilsonLok... Final payment date is always 90 days before sail date. If you haven't yet paid the remaining balance and you're at 90 days out today, then you must do so now (I mean today) or you will most likely have your cruise booking canceled for non-payment.

As far as benefits for early check-in through the web site, it depends on the ship. Many ships now allow you to upload a photo, which saves you from having to have it done at the terminal when you're boarding and may also allow you to get expedited check-in at the terminal for faster boarding. You'll also have taken care of linking up a credit card to your Sea Pass (assuming you want to do that and not just put cash on the card to pay as you go, which can only be set up when you get to the terminal / on board the ship), saving more time in line at the terminal.

think you also need to check in if you want to get your luggage tags online (usually around 45 days out), but not 100% sure about that.

5 minutes ago, WilsonLok said:

Hi, all!  I’d booked the Spectrum of the Sea in Dec.  Now just 90 days to go.  Are there any benefits for early check-in right now?  (Not yet paid the remaining balance) or actually no differences to do so in Nov?

Sorry as I’m a new cruiser, maybe this is a silly question. 
Thanks in advance!?

We've always had to be paid in full at the 90 day mark, so I am a little confused about your balance remark.  When we are paid in full, we start thinking about checking in, but if you expect new passport or credit card information to be forthcoming, you'll wait until that clarifies.

Now you can take advance of Cruise Planner sales early  -- before you pay in full -- so that is where the savings are.

3 minutes ago, WilsonLok said:

EA0C3377-C1C7-4663-857F-C7E6A0C83921.thumb.png.43e876fc6b4a458beb4892bc90251b80.pngThanks for your prompt replies!

As I’ve found that ‘balance due to be received by Nov 07’ on the invoice.

i’d made The reservation directly from RCL web site

4 minutes ago, WilsonLok said:

EA0C3377-C1C7-4663-857F-C7E6A0C83921.thumb.png.43e876fc6b4a458beb4892bc90251b80.pngThanks for your prompt replies!

I’m guessing this is a short cruise? 

2D0F693D-3DB0-4D43-8BED-87B1045EC107.png

Final payment date can vary depending on the market you book in. My final payment date for my 8-night sailing departing November 23rd is September 27, so exactly 8 weeks before sailing. I booked on Royal's UK site. They sent me a couple of e-mail reminders.

When booking with TA here in Portugal it has been as late as 30 days before sailing.

I never leave it that late, though. 

7 hours ago, WilsonLok said:

7 hours ago, WilsonLok said:

It’s a 8-days trip.

So your trip leaves on/about December 21 (90 days from today), and balance isn't due until November 7 (44 days / just over 6 weeks before embarkation day)??

I'm guessing from the screen shot that you booked through one of Royal's Asia-based sites? Like @FionaMG was saying, it must be the policy in that region of the world to allow final payment much closer to sail date than here in the USA.